First Gen Summit spice racks

Mike Huff

Does anyone know of the spice racks are the same size on the 4 verses 6 burner first gen Summits? Thanks fellas

Thanks! I'm still working on this old four burner that didn't have any racks when I bought it. So many of the parts are obselete/discontinued! I'm not really frustrated though. It's just a process of hunting and robbing parts. I wonder if the burners are still available? And, I assume the burners are the same between the LP vs the natural gas? It's just that the manifolds that are different?

Actually I am mistaken. I just realized the spice rack fits under the lip of the side table and had me fooled

I am pretty convinced the side trays are identical. I would love to rehab one of those 1st generation Summits myself - 4 or 6 - but, as you noted, you have your work cut out for you regarding parts. I would want to start with as complete a one as I could find. I saw a really nice maroon 6 burner, but it was NG with the write up saying it could "easily" be converted. A couple of price checks came back with +$300 for a new LP manifold, one of the few important parts still available. OUCH!!! And then you have the issue of fabricating a replacement/patch for the front of the firebox which is almost certainly showing burn-through from rust. I still hope to get one someday, but need to exercise some caution.

Back