First cooks EX6. Pork tenderloin & Ribs.

Bob Erdman

TVWBB Pro
Both turned out very tasty and tender. The tenderloins were lightly oiled and seasoned with Kinders garlic and herb seasoning and a little Kinders brown sugar. SmokeFire was warmed up to 275. Loins cooked for about 2 hours, pulled them off the grill when the probe indicated they were 145.

Baby back ribs were slathered with yellow mustard then seasoned with Weber's brown sugar seasoning. First time using it, it was a hit with me and the family. Grill was warmed up to 250. Ribs cooked for 4 hours. 30 minutes before taking them off they were sauced with Kinders mild bbq sauce. They turned out great, the fat was perfectly rendered and the meat was almost fall off the bone. They did not fall apart when cutting them. Not sure I would do anything different when I make them again. Everyone loved them.

So far I am very impressed with the smokefire on low and slow. This weekend I will be cranking it up for some high heat cooks.

Attachments

• IMG_1972.JPG
    IMG_1972.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1975.JPG
    IMG_1975.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 14
Good job. I will send my address so you know where to send invites. Anyway looks like you're catching the PG (pellet grill) bug. Pretty soon you will likely retire from or pretty much cut out most any other type of grilling. My neighbor helped me get the new Z off the packing carton yesterday. Started scratching his head and asking a LOT of questions. He's getting the bug as well and now really wants to see mine in action. He'll likely pull the trigger soon

Good job. I will send my address so you know where to send invites. Anyway looks like you're catching the PG (pellet grill) bug. Pretty soon you will likely retire from or pretty much cut out most any other type of grilling. My neighbor helped me get the new Z off the packing carton yesterday. Started scratching his head and asking a LOT of questions. He's getting the bug as well and now really wants to see mine in action. He'll likely pull the trigger soon
One taste and he will be done!

Looks really good Bob. I don't see foil under your cooks which is no big deal, but if you plan on doing a good that's 350 or more, you might want to crank your SF to 400 or so, just to do a burn off prior to cooking. Nothing more frustrating than coming out to check on your cook and it's spewing burn off smoke

Back