First Cook with ATC

Scott M

TVWBB Fan
So as a Fathers Day present I ordered my self an Auber ATC on Monday. Great shipping time as this was waiting Wednesday when I got home from work:
e9db938e.jpg

Decided to do a short, same day cook as First Go with it so the natural choice was Pepper Stout Beef (Bell's Kalamazoo Stout in lieu of Guiness):
4cf5b825.jpg

In between foiling and pulling, Fed Ex came:
73f1519e.jpg

Finished product:
b1f28e67.jpg

I think my only negative thought on the Auber is the inability to get up to and maintain higher temps. Went with the 6.5 fan since I have the classic 18" and it got the WSM up to 345° but it kept dropping to 330°-337°. I know that I can get my cooker up to about 400° if I need to so I popped out the fan and opened up the vents and got her up to about 365°. Other than that, the ATC worked as advertised. Everytime I checked on it throughout the day when it was set to 250° it was never out of the 248°-251° range.
The beef came out awesome (thanks Larry) and my wife has now proclaimed her favorite dish of the smoker or grill (seems to have replaced Roadside Chicken).

I also have the Aubers and love it, its not great at high heat but 225 works great. I found it does take about 3 good cooks for it to dial in but once its locked in its good to go. enjoy it.

I have the auber, my cooks are on average 275 degrees. If you wanted higher temps you can go with the 10 cfm fan. Now all you need is a plastic container to protect it from the elements on overnight cooks.

Back