First Comp win

Congrats on your win and also your organization Dog Star Rescue. Barb and I work with a rescue group here in Arizona, United Animal Friends and do fostering and actually adopted one of our fosters. So many needy dogs and cats out there at least we feel we're helping some find that forever home.

Thanks Rich, I have two passions in life, dogs and BBQ. Each so satisfying in their own way. I am a founding member and do the behavior/training stuff for Dog Star. Equally satisfying when I can incorporate the two. Used to be Maple Leaf BBQ but when we started the rescue I changed the name. Good on you and Barb, thank you for your efforts.

I have been doing a local competition for charity the last few years, this year we finally broke thru. 1 st in ribs and brisket, 2nd in chicken. I just wanted to thank Chris for running this site and all the folks here who share recipes and techniques and just help out in general. I have give special thanks to Kevin Kruger and Jeff Biesinger. They have done so much to help me learn this craft and I could not have accomplished this without their help as well as all the kind folk here. Jim Lampe, Steve Petrone (my ribs were glazed with my version of the #5) and countless others have been so helpful. Cool part about this is I am automatically entered in the New England BBQ Championship in Hartford. Thanks again, I learned my craft here, proud to say that.

Congrats Eric! I'm always happy to share

Thanks again, every one who asks how I learned gets the same answer. tvwbb.com and practice. Great when you get to enjoy the results of your practice lol.

Back