First Chuck Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick P.

TVWBB Super Fan
Okay...all this talk about chuck rolls got me going. The local butcher just sold me one that I'm going to do next weekend. Need some info fellow Qer's. Weighed in at 18.75 lbs. How much cook time should I expect, foil or not, oven finish or not? Pulled or sliced when finished? Recomendations on BBQ sauce? Bryan S. I'm counting on you for some answers as anybody else whose cooked one of these bad boys! But Bryan...you're the EXPERT!!!

Thanks

Nick P.

Nick, I'm no expert just love to cook them. I would foil at 160 - 170 range. You can figure on 1 hr - 1 hr 15 min a pound for the CR. My last one was 18.5 lb and took 20.5 hrs at 225 deg. I pulled the CR off when it hit 202 deg. Never sliced one i always pull mine. If you want to slice it you might want to take it off at 180 - 185 deg. BBQ sauce is Head Country Orig. & Head Country Hot. Plus Chipotle mayo for those who like some extra heat.Shawn just made the mayo with Habs that had to be hot.
icon_eek.gif
Hope this helps Bryan

You've cooked more of these then anybody I've read from, so I'll go with your recomendations. Thanks
Nick P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back