First brisket on the SmokeFire.🔥

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Putting it on around 8. Rubbed with some Worcestershire, salt, pepper a little garlic powder and cayenne.
Going 225 until bark sets and wrapping in butcher paper. Pictures to follow.....

Last edited:
13 pound packer, I trimmed it up pretty good so not sure of the total weight.

Last edited:
I did a 16 pound packer and trimmed to a 14 last week. Definitely should have trimmed more. Smokefire worked well! Only mistake I really made was that I wrapped in butcher paper a bit too early. I made burnt ends for the first time ever and they were great. Hope yours comes out awesome!! I really like this grill and can’t wait until all the updates are finished.

<shrug> I've been known to use a pit probe and 3 food probes in a single brisket.

Bruno, what time is dinner? What kind of beer do ya like? :D

Bruno, you sure you used enough thermometers? :p

Hope you wake up to a happy sight! :)

R
Just trying to build trust with the SmokeFire. This thing is gonna come out pretty good, but I have to be honest the discrepancy in the thermoworks smoke temp and pit temp is beyond concerning. 60-70 degree differences all night. 10-12 degree difference on the temp probes.
So just trying to learn.
That being said I know this one is gonna be good.

Nice. I love brisket. It's my favorite BBQ. When I ordered from Costco the other day, I almost added a prime brisket to my cart but I didn't.

Just trying to build trust with the SmokeFire. This thing is gonna come out pretty good, but I have to be honest the discrepancy in the thermoworks smoke temp and pit temp is beyond concerning. 60-70 degree differences all night. 10-12 degree difference on the temp probes.
So just trying to learn.
That being said I know this one is gonna be good.
Ha! I figured that's what you were doing since you had two head units for the four probes! Yeah, that difference is quite a large variance. If it's constant, then it's manageable, if the difference is variable, that's way more of a problem.

Where are you at in the Bay Area? I could use some fresh brisket for lunch! ;)

R

Back