First BBQ

Ted Tiefel

Received my 22.5 WSM yesterday and did my first BBQ today.
ribs.png

I ate part of one rack and it was a little dry. So I guess they got done quicker than I thought. Any suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ted Tiefel:
I ate part of one rack and it was a little dry. So I guess they got done quicker than I thought. Any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe...don't take 'um off so soon next time.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_cool.gif

They look great!!!!!!

I would say they look great for your first time. Can't expect perfection right out of the gate. You just have to get used to the WSM and it's high-performing ability to smoke the best tasting meat you've ever had.

Picture is HUGE. Try posting something a little smaller next time.

Ribs look fantastic. I've done 2 racks on my 22.5. The first time I cooked a bit short and they were good but not tender enough. Second rack was much more tender, but a slight bit dry. I cooked the second rack at a higher temp and for a bit longer--perhaps 1 hour more. Made a big difference.

Just takes practice and knowledge.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ted Tiefel:
I ate part of one rack and it was a little dry. So I guess they got done quicker than I thought. Any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you give us some more information? Did you have a pan between the coals and the rack? What temperature did you cook them at? How long were they on? Did you wrap/foil them at all?

Back