First Batch Of Moinks

Sean S.

TVWBB Pro
They turned out pretty good and easy, I have to say. Mixed a pound of ground beef, a cup of seasoned bread crumbs, 2 eggs, three chopped cloves of garlic, a tablespoon of minced onion and a tablespoon of berbere spice and wrapped of course in bacon.

moink4.jpg

served with some #5 Sauce for dipping they were quite tasty!

moink5.jpg

These must be great as starters. Any idea how to make them on the WSM to get the smoke flavour, and still get crispy moinks?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Any idea how to make them on the WSM to get the smoke flavour, and still get crispy moinks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geir, if you have a kettle, just throw some chips on for smoke flavour. If you're using the WSM, do the same thing. No water in the pan, vents open. So high heat.

I tryed these on the wsm but waited to long before i took em off. waited for the bacon to be crisped.

Well was to low heat,but as G said if u do them above 300f-350f i bet they will turn out great.

These looks great Sean

I prefer to do these on the WSM. Usually around 275*. TIP: Use thin sliced bacon.

If you're in a hurry and don't want to make meatballs you can use the frozen ones from your local supermarket.

Back