First attempt at stl spares

Vince Ser

TVWBB Member
For me it was hard to keep the temp at 250. I was stuck around 200 for the longest time. I also made the mistake of not putting a drip pan. I did put a pan with water over the charcoal I didn't spray them either. I added chunks of applewood for the first few hours. I used McCormick Memphis rub and wegmans Memphis sauce for dipping. Other than the meat being a little fatty I think they came out good. Picture coming shortly.

Hey Vince...
How did you set up your charcoal?
I do not think you needed a drip pan with your water pan in place...
and i do not understand the "I didn't spray them either" part.... if you're talking about spraying ribs with ANYTHING while cookin', forget it. That is a waste of time. Does nothing....
icon_confused.gif
i'm confused...

I've got a lotta gunk on the rib side. I should have put something there to catch it.

I also used a rib rack for most of the time. Then at the end, I took them out of the rack. As for spraying, some say use apple juice, other say no. I opted with the "no".

OhYeah! Ribs look GREAT!
I thought you were using the WSM...
smokin' ribs on a kettle can be tricky... if this is your 1st time, h3llsb3lls Vince... you did it!
the BEST thing is practise on the kettle, doing them right until they're EXACTLY the way you love'm!
and practise means you'll be eeting alotta good ribs! I did go thru that for a year... every weekend I ate ribs...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary H. NJ:
Those look eatable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eatable, edible I'd say incredible!!!

Back