FireButler

James,
The Fire Butler sat in the corner of my kitchen for a few weeks unopened, before I finally became convinced that I didn't really need it, and so I sent it back. Call it buyer's remorse. I will say that you won't find better customer service anywhere though. Troy and his wife are really good folks.

CE.

Why did you have buyer's remorse, cost? Or did you decide you didn't need any more gadgets?
I was looking forward to a critique of the FB in the wild.

Well, I'm the tight wad on the list but from what I see I think it looks like something I would buy if I cooked much at all anymore. You get a lot for that price which is not bad compared to other things I see for sale. I have no fight in this product.

Tony,
I think I've reached the saturation point on buying gadgets. At this point, it's more about needing things than wanting them. I bought the fire Butler 26" over the slow n sear xl, mostly because I liked the fact that when smoking I could use the whole grate, but the fire brick/foil or snake setup I use to smoke on my performer works just fine for what I want to do, so I'll replicate that in my 26". Now, I need a good grill light and I might build a Mini WSM here soon as a Winter project just for kicks, but mostly I find lately that I just need meat and charcoal these days.

Is there such a thing as GSP? (Gadget Saturation Point). I have heard whispers about such a phenomenon. ;)
However, I agree about Needing & Wanting. Unfortunately I'm in the Wanting camp. :p

If I can get my photo's up I can show you my Fire Butler in action. I did a 10 hr smoke with the fire butler in the smoker configuration with 22 lbs of pork and a 3.5 lb chuck roast this thing rocks. As far as the hibachi goes its serves it purpose, remember any hibachi will have limited area to cook but achieve higher temps for things like wings around the perimeter of the hibachi just like the vortex which I own for my Jumbo Joe. The griddle is 19 inches in diameter and it's makes great smash burgers. While its more than the Slow and Sear in price you get more to do for your money-IMO!!!

Back