Finally starting to warm up, RIBS

Brandon A

TVWBB All-Star
Well its been a long cold winter in Iowa. Cold weather hasn't held me back in previous years but I've had a bad case of the blahs I guess. I finally got off my duff and did some ribs Saturday. Nothing exotic for a rub since my cupboards are pretty bare spice wise, I used some famous daves rib rub. Sauced with some Farm Boy BBQ sauce, a local BBQ team's recipe. The results were pretty good, a tad undercooked as some of them were still a little chewy. The meat hadnt pulled very far back from the bones, that should have been an indication. I haven't done enough ribs to have them perfected yet, and my skills are a bit rusty. I do think next time I will try something like the 3-1-.5 method using foil. Here is the money shot, enjoy!

IMG_6916.jpg

and here is a little slideshow of the process.

lookin' good Brandon, butt you know.... with all those racks of ribs, way too many for you to eet, so we're all comin' over to help clean those plates
icon_biggrin.gif

Brandon, awesome looking ribs. I've got a couple of slabs in the freezer begging to be cooked. Probably have my grandson come over and help me finish them . He's a rib-aholic
icon_smile.gif

For being a little off your game, as you say, them babys look pretty dang gum good to this guy!!
I love that cherry color and flavor on some ribs!
Nicely done.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Tim

Back