Finally landed a C&B Spring/Lime Green Performer

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
I got lucky yesterday and snagged a gen 2 C&B lime green performer! (Or is it spring green?) It matches my new Smokey Joe!

These never pop up for sale near me, and I'm sure are pretty rare in general. This one came with a brand new cooking grate, two bags of Kingsford Pro, a bottle of Pam spray, and a bottle of lighter fluid (that I'll use on the fire pit). So really nice score for me. The seller said his old neighbor gave it to him when he moved out. Guy said he bought a Blackstone and didn't have a need for this?! Haha. This is my second performer purchase where the seller was selling bc of a Blackstone.

I've already clean it up as good as possible. I swapped it on to a new gen frame. Put my four year old to work!

IMG_20200620_184354.jpg

I now have a Crimson, Copper and this Lime Green one. I only intend to keep two. So pretty sure I'll be cleaning up and selling the Copper since those seem to be easier to come by. Will also be swapping over the bigger lid bale to the green one before selling. I hate to let the Copper go because it's only a few years old in is in excellent condition. No paint issues at all.

One downside to the green is there are a few bad areas in the paint. It's a DE code, so 2009. I've already coated the bad areas with some peanut oil and will keep them oiled to prevent rust.

IMG_20200620_181026.jpg

IMG_20200620_181007.jpg

IMG_20200620_093746.jpg

Nice score! I believe the C&B is “grass green”, at least my 2011 is. Maybe the earlier ones were called something else.

Last edited:

Back