Finally got to get the smoker out again!

RJ Banks

TVWBB All-Star
So it's been way too long since I have had any time to smoke anything. I have been hanging around watching all the good food you guys have been putting up. Stocked up on almost 40 lbs of butts the other week when they were on sale for .89 cents per pound. It's been awhile since I have seen the price that low. I was happy when I found it for $1.29 or so the last few years. So when these are done later I will pull them and vacuum seal for future meals. So here we go.
On two of the butts I used Dizzy Dust. First time trying it but have heard really good things about.
20160514_081905 by roy banks, on FlickrThe other two got a rub a friend of mine is making for his gourmet salt/rub company, kdhrocksalts.com. Really good products and great people, check them out if you get a chance. It has a nice kick when I sampled it so I will be interested to see how it changes when the cook is done.
20160514_081849 by roy banks, on FlickrShot of the four of them on the smoker.
20160514_083232 by roy banks, on FlickrWill update later.

Last edited:
Okay, so I used to use photobucket and ran out of free storage so I am now trying Flickr. Does anyone know how to put the photos on the thread and not just the links?

Those butts are looking good. I'm nearing the end of my free storage also. I'm not familiar with Flickr. I've been looking at Google's Picasa.

Okay, so I used to use photobucket and ran out of free storage so I am now trying Flickr. Does anyone know how to put the photos on the thread and not just the links?

Just use an 'img' tag. put "
" at the end.

So, typing in this: '
LG54i0
' without the quotes, will produce this:

LG54i0

Edit: Hmm. It seems that didn't work. Maybe has something to do with the https?

Last edited:
In the photo stream share it, then you can select the size, pick BB Code and copy it.
Paste in your post.
Picture should appear.

I ran out of free storage on PB too and just went into the library and deleted a boatload of old pictures and went from 100% down to 34% and good to go again.
Glad to see you back at again RJ.

This was 8 hours in.
20160514_161702 by roy banks, on Flickr

Thanks Charles H! Finally worked.

Rich, I did delete some and got down to 80% but with Flickr giving you 1 TB for free and now that I can get it to work, I think I will try that for a while.

Good to see you smokin' again, RJ. Looks like you don't have any rust to shake off...you look like you're still in mid-season form based the nice bark on your pork butts. Looking forward to some pulled photos.

Good to see you smokin' again, RJ. Looks like you don't have any rust to shake off...you look like you're still in mid-season form based the nice bark on your pork butts. Looking forward to some pulled photos.

I agree, the BBQ skills are still razor sharp.

Back