Fifteen Anniversary Gift from Work - Green Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked this up from Lowe's after getting the call that it was in....

IMG_2570.jpg

It's green.

I had my fifteenth anniversary at work last month, and they award you with credits at certain retailers. I wanted one big thing, something that would last, and something I ordinarily wouldn't get for myself. Although I've often drooled over the cool features of the Performer, I could never justify it since I already had the OTS Silver. Since I wasn't going to outlive the Silver, and I had these credits, I ordered this. (I would have probably purchased through Amazon and gave this site the credit except that I was limited in where I could spend it.)

Another view on the truck.
IMG_2572.jpg

Close-up of label. Did I mention it's green?
IMG_2571.jpg

Luke is five, and getting quite useful. He can drive screws, and I don't even need to tighten them after he's done.
IMG_2581.jpg

Here is is finished.
IMG_2585.jpg

I picked it and assembled it Tuesday, but didn't get to use it until just now (Saturday). The first steaks and veggies from it were great, and I wish I had the cool features long ago.

Date code on the damper is '08, but the serial number on the plate and instructions is '11 (AA).
IMG_2587.jpg

For the people who like to see the packing...
IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

I had only one tiny issue. The rods of the bottom shelf are shaped to engage protrusions on the bottom of the charcoal bin. I had to tweak them a bit to fit right. Other than that, everything was there and in perfect shape, and went together easily.

Looks GREAT John!
You didn't get a can of Diet Pepsi in your box??!!
When I bought my Green OTG from a local dealer (Stein's Garden Centers) back in 2008(?), I found a full, unopened can of Diet Pepsi inside.
icon_biggrin.gif

Very nice, it's funny how different the green looks in all the pictures, At first I wasn't sure it was green, then it became real obvious in a few of the pictures,

Brian

As the commercial says;
Weber Performer $250.00
Having your son help you put it together, priceless.

Enjoy them both.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian O'Neal:
Very nice, it's funny how different the green looks in all the pictures, At first I wasn't sure it was green, then it became real obvious in a few of the pictures,

Brian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My wife actually commented (complained?) How different the green looked in person than in any of the photos on the Weber, Lowe's or any other web site. She said that it was more "forest green" in person than the photos show. Of course, maintaining color balance through the internet to different displays is always a challenge, but I think I agree with her that it seems more different to me than those differences should explain. Not that I'm unhappy with it.

That is one heck of a gift from work!

I hear you on the wire loops for the char-bin. I had to squeeze mine inward ever so slightly as well to feel comfortable with it, but apart from that it was perfect and feels like the most solid grill I've owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back