Favorite Wines for BBQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here here about the glasses - it sounds silly but it is true. Mind you my mother told me champagne tasted best out of teacups, but that's probably more to do with being in a situation with champagne, teacups and no glasses!

I agree - beer while cooking (either some eurofizz or possibly Courage Directors from bottles not cans), until the sun goes down then maybe a robust red - Claret or perhaps an Argentine Malbec (that'll do the purple mouth thing too). Rioja's good too. As for white - yes a white Burgundy like Chablis - sharp enough to cut through the spice. Mind you I don't tend to use sauces and can imagine the mismatch between NC vinegar sauce and a heavy red!

Actually I guess that's my list for most meals unless it's an outdoor Cava opportunity with grilled food on the way.....

And perhaps later a single malt while watching swallows / bats and trying to spot satellites in the night sky. Farewell summer.

Cheers!

James

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James M-B:

And perhaps later a single malt while watching swallows / bats and trying to spot satellites in the night sky. Farewell summer.

Cheers!

James <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now we're talking James... A nice glass full of Famous Grouse (blend)(if friends aren't big scotch drinkers) or 18 yr old Knockando (single malt)(if they are).

Chris, you ought to see my wine glasses! My faves of course are the HUGE Riedel reds--the oversized ones, I think they're from the sommelier series. Omigosh. They are gorgeous. But I don't let the riff-raff have at 'em. No sir, they're tucked away for special occasions. Got a few bottles of '94 Opus One cellared, just waiting for an occasion. (the occasion will prolly be---this wine has been in this cellar too long, cuz it ain't even a proper cellar!).

Wine was my most recent love just before grilling became a passion, so you can just imagine how much of that I've got around here. Aiyeee!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Susan Z:

Wine was my most recent love just before grilling became a passion, so you can just imagine how much of that I've got around here. Aiyeee! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, after hearing all the grilling paraphernalia that you have, I could only imagine.

My supply has gotten very limited lately. I seem to be drinking more than I am buying. Curses... I'm my own worst enemy. Been drinking way too much Guinness lately.

As for wine....I prefer RED Zinfindal (spicy and bold). Beer.......I'd say a pint of Caffrey's Irish Ale. I've also taken a liking Hammer Head Red. You can only get it at the restuarant chain "HOPS" down here in the southeast. They aren't supposed to sell it for consumption outside the establishment but I have a friend thats a brew master there and he scores me some on occasion and has taken to making it at home and bottling it for sharing with friends.

Maredsous 8 seems to go quite well with ribs...course I guess when you get right down to it, it goes well with almost anything.

From the "What wine with smoked bologna" thead, I got a lead on Goats do Roam which is quite nice.
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back