fatty fat fat ummmm....fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffr Hode

TVWBB Fan
Tomorrow night I am throwing on an 8lb picnic to have on Tuesday for dinner. On Tuesday morning I will be putting a brisket flat on the bottom to be done near the same time (as near as I can get it /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ). I was trimming the skin off the picnic tonight and there was about 3/4 inch of white fat on the flatter side, which I trimmed down to 1/4 + or -, and now have these nice even flat sections of pork fat. I thought if putting the picnic over the brisket is done to self baste the brisket, then why not lay the pork fat on top of the brisket like cheese on a burger to baste while cooking ? Only about 1/2 the brisket flat has a fat cap, and I didn't have a choice since this was the pick of the litter of 2 /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif .

Good idea or bad idea ?

This lack of brisket selection is making a curmudgeon dude. That's what I call applied learning !

jeff *wishing he lived in Texas so he could pick from many briskets for cheap*

Great idea Jeff, When the fat cap is too thin on a brisket you put bacon on top of it so it does'nt dry out. Later Bryan Jeff, if you are ever getting up this way let me know ahead of time. I could get some briskets for you and freeze them up for the ride home. Only a $1.28 lb here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back