Faster than ThermaPOP at only $28!

Mike, I agree with you of course. I love my Thermopen but it is not easy for a leftie. That said, I will still use them and I am probably going to buy these Thermowands for both of my daughters and probably one for me. I will of course by them through Amazon using the link at the top of the page.

I was just joking with you Bob! I'm a righty, but when I was in my teens I burned my right hand really bad with a firework. I had to "try" and use my left hand for everything for a week. Talk about awkward! Using scissors was out to the question, and the old adage "cleanliness is next to Godliness" took a week off (but it wasn't for lack of trying)! :D

Last edited:
I received the Thermowand a week ago and have used it about four times with no problems thus far. I find it works fast and accurate however, it's about half the size of a Thermopen. If you have small hands (which I do) it's a perfect fit, if you have larger hands it may not be for you. Oh one more thing, the Butter color is the fastest. LOL

Bill

My Thermapen has a dead segment. Been putting off getting a new one cause they're so darn expensive. One red one on the way, we shall see how good they are!

Thanks for posting!
I just ordered a green one to match my green Performer and my Green Mountain pellet grill. I've been wanting a Thermapen since I joined this forum, but could never justify the expense. This little baby should be just fine.

Last edited:
Bill, great info after using it and made me look a little closer.

The Probe is only 2.75 inches long as compared to the Thermoworks products which are 4.5. If using for smaller cuts of meat that's fine but if doing larger roasts or birds then it may not be long enough.

Just my thoughts and observations.

I had to return mine for a refund. At first it was reading correctly, then it was stuck on one number, turned off then on, after that readings were all over the place, off by 10 degrees or so. I'm sure there must be many that are within the specified tolerance or there wouldn't be so many positive reviews.

Back