Fair price on a Genesis Silver B?

Pulled the trigger, he was nice enough to take 100$ for it. Other then a bit of cleaning to get some old grease and dust out, this thing is in fantastic condition. Original grates, don't seems to have a speck of rust or damage on them. So that's a nice plus. Very happy !

20230226_151249.jpg20230226_151300.jpg

Yeah, someday I need to check the score but clearly I'm a better buyer than seller too.
It's part of the estate. Vintage Weber's can legitimately be considered an investment, or at least that's what I tell myself. Don't keep score - no good can come of it!

It's part of the estate. Vintage Weber's can legitimately be considered an investment, or at least that's what I tell myself. Don't keep score - no good can come of it!

I made money selling the wsm22 and that covered the net loss buying the pellet new and selling 3 years later.

This spring I plan to sell an S330. If can get $300 for it I'll be close to break even for my gas grill collecting frenzy I was on for a while.

I doubt I can make any money off the used kettles that follow me home, but my total investment for five or six kettles is $10 for the 2013 performer. The rest were free.

The BGE and Silver B were gifts so they don't count.

That leaves $800 for the WSK, but that doesn't include any of the add on gear like rotisseries and grates and tubes and gloves and stuff.

Yeah, it's probably best I don't keep score.

I made money selling the wsm22 and that covered the net loss buying the pellet new and selling 3 years later.

This spring I plan to sell an S330. If can get $300 for it I'll be close to break even for my gas grill collecting frenzy I was on for a while.

I doubt I can make any money off the used kettles that follow me home, but my total investment for five or six kettles is $10 for the 2013 performer. The rest were free.

The BGE and Silver B were gifts so they don't count.

That leaves $800 for the WSK, but that doesn't include any of the add on gear like rotisseries and grates and tubes and gloves and stuff.

Yeah, it's probably best I don't keep score.
I have very little invested in any of the grills I have themselves. It's the money I spend/spent on parts and my own time spent refurbishing and restoring said grills that I would rather not talk about.

I bought this one for $35:

1677456820626.png

I got this one for free (it's an early chocolate):

1677456885332.png

I got this one for $25:

1677457028060.png

And I let this one pass by for $40 (showing extreme restraint here!)

1677457149006.png

As I did on this S6 and Seville:

1677457269029.png
1677457324197.png

Pulled the trigger, he was nice enough to take 100$ for it. Other then a bit of cleaning to get some old grease and dust out, this thing is in fantastic condition. Original grates, don't seems to have a speck of rust or damage on them. So that's a nice plus. Very happy !

View attachment 66843View attachment 66844
Those grates are stamped stainless steel, so last a long time. I had those on my Silver B, but prefer the cast iron on my current Weber as they hold the heat a lot better and sear better. Nice grill. You will get a lot of enjoyment from it.

I'd say 2001 or earlier.

The Silver B I bought in 2000 is still going strong. $100 is a great deal since it looks like it was already pretty cleaned up.

Looks like you have stamped SS grates. Mine SS stamped grates never wore out, but I eventually swapped for PCCI grates which I liked better.

Still good spare parts availability on those Silver Bs. So that grill could easily go any 10-15 years for you.

Back