Everyone loves pics! (pork-butt pics that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hey everyone...

I love when people post pics of their great smokes, so here is one of my own.

My first pork butt and only my third smoke.

Enjoy!

http://www.whatwouldbriando.com/journal-porkbutt.html

I am doing my second annual "Brian's Weber Turkey cook" this weekend and I'll get those pics up next week. My first turkey i did on my Weber 22.5 inch Silver and it turned out great.

There's a lot of good information in there for beginner smokers such as myself. It would be great if more folks posted there methods like you did (with pictures and explainations).
Great Job and thanks.

Great job with the pics Brian!! Someone needs to get a web cam and do a live cook. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Brian, your pictures are great. May be a few in there that could be candidates for Chris's calendar, hmmm? We usually don't get to see the cook - that's a really fun pictorial.

Does anyone other me think that Brian bears a strong resemblance a red-headed Alton Brown in some of those pictures???

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Warren:
[qb] Great job with the pics Brian!! Someone needs to get a web cam and do a live cook. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Doug D did one last Thanksgiving. It was the first one ever done for the WSM, to my knowledge.

Regards,
Chris

Brian,

Your finished pork butt pictures revealed a critical missing step that I heartily recommend you remedy: Coleslaw. Coleslaw on the bun. It sounds weird and I thought it was until I tried it. Now, its a favorite.

Brian, is that a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's sauce I see on the counter? I use that, whenever I can find it. I also stock up on Salt Lick sauce from Austin when I get down there. Great pics.

Thanks all for the great responses!

Alton Brown?! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I have never been a big slaw fan so it never really comes into the picture. I'll definatly try it when I cook another butt.

That is indeed Sweet Baby Rays. I love it and use it on everything from Ribs to burgers. Here in Michigan you can get it at about any supermarket.

Stay tuned for this past weekend Turkey smoke!

(ps...my web-host sent me an email that I had too much traffic! haha)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian Brichta:
[qb](ps...my web-host sent me an email that I had too much traffic! haha) [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Probably means bandwidth usage as opposed to number of hits. Your thumbnails being the full-sized files only reduced dimensionally by height and width parameters means that every hit of your page produces an approximate 3MB of transfer in addition to what's produced by viewing individual pics.

Hello All!

This is my first post on the forums here - although I have lurked off and on for some time. I have had my WSM for about a year now - primarily cooking pork butts, picnics and ribs but I have also done a few boneless turkey breasts - which turned out great by the way!

Anyway, this post is to say hello, introduce myself, try posting my first pic, etc. So here goes nothing!

It is not from the WSM (obvious if the pic works!) - it is a whole pig (~60#) and a couple of pork sides I cooked recently for an engagement party for some dear friends. Next time I have the WSM cranked up, I'll have to remember to keep my digital camera close by!!!

Looking forward to listening and learning a lot from all of you - and hopefully being able to offer up some of my experiences along the way!

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=6bc61929-4119-4897-4ca8-40e96fe070e1&size=lg

Be talking with ya'll soon! Rick Moore

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Moore:
[qb]Next time I have the WSM cranked up, I'll have to remember to keep my digital camera close by!!![/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome, Rick!

I have a WSM Owners page on the Web site, so if you can send along a digital photo of you alongside your WSM while cooking, I'll add you to the photo gallery. Use the "Contact TVWB" link at the bottom of the page to learn the e-mail address.

Anyone else that wants to send in a photo of themselves and their WSM, please do so and I'll add you, too. There are many of you that are not properly memorialized in the WSM Owners gallery. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back