ET-73 Calibration

Steve Mayer

TVWBB Fan
I just received an ET-73 as a belated Christmas gift. I tested the range and it works great for what I need.
I did a boiling water test and the 2 probes are 2F different - one was 214F and one was 212F. Even at room temp sitting on the table they are 1F different. Is this normal?

Steve

Steve -- Its probably within the range of "normal." Digital devices are typically accurate to +/- 1 or 2 counts (least significant digit). I have some probes that differ by 2 F.

Then, on the other hand, there is the "digital" water bed controller that I bought from E-bay that had a digital display to 0.1 F. The damn thing only reports temperature and set points to the nearest 1 C !!!!!! like 86.0 F then it jumps to 87.8 F.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Mayer:
I just received an ET-73 as a belated Christmas gift. I tested the range and it works great for what I need.
I did a boiling water test and the 2 probes are 2F different - one was 214F and one was 212F. Even at room temp sitting on the table they are 1F different. Is this normal?

Steve <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
My ET-73 is the same. And so is my NU-Temp.
Hard to make your mind say it's okay when they don't read the same. But... it is.
I drove myself crazy one weekendby having the NU-Temp with all three probes pugged in sitting beside the ET-73 with it's two probes... watching all the different reading as the heat came on and turned off. Don't do it.
icon_eek.gif

Back