Enclosing a Genesis Silver B

It's been a while on this, but that's a good thing because I've been loving my frankengrill rebuild. I will post some pics I took of the process and finished job soon, but was curious if anyone is interested in any of the leftover parts that are still in reasonably good shape. Here are some pics of what is left from the project. The burners (or at least the crossover tube) are shot, the sear plates and the bottom drip tray (the larger enamled steel piece) were trashed and have been disposed of. I have no interest in rebuilding this myself at this point as I have the grill I needed now.

If anyone is nearby they can have all or any of these parts free of charge.
PXL_20211111_172134916.jpgPXL_20211111_172132194.jpgPXL_20211111_172139319.jpgPXL_20211111_172142402.jpgPXL_20211111_172152432.jpgPXL_20211111_172215201.jpgPXL_20211111_172229307.jpgPXL_20211111_172234509.jpgPXL_20211111_172254938.jpgPXL_20211111_172302499.jpgPXL_20211111_172339329.jpgPXL_20211111_172408484.jpgPXL_20211111_172413520.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20211111_172211849.jpg
    PXL_20211111_172211849.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 11
Here are a few shots of the finished job. Apparently I didn't get an inside the lower portion picture, I'll have to do that here soon. It is holding up beautifully. These grates and plates really make a huge difference.

PXL_20210618_223950423.jpgPXL_20210618_225454569.jpgPXL_20210618_223954113.jpg

Huge fan of rcplanebuyer grates, nice nice grill, it looks new!

Our dog cleans the spatula and tongs for us after each cook. He hasn't found the drip tray yet, but I completely understand your motivation for this project.

I remember when my grates were all new looking like that. They hold up incredibly well, if there were any reason to really scrub them I'm sure they could look just like yours do now. Enjoy!

I went ahead and picked it up. Since it came with a cover that was in tact I offered $40, which was gladly accepted. Here is a quick picture of the two side by side, along with the two culprits that started all of this. :)

Ignore the dirty lid on mine - it should clean up nicely and is actually in better shape than the donor. The lid on the donor grill is in rough shape, and there are little bits of rust here and there on the frame and control panel. The grates on the donor are complete garbage - shows the difference between how well they'll hold up when cleaned after _every_ use (mine) and rarely cleaned at all. The metal parts on mine and many of the plastic parts on the donor should combine to make a nice Frankengrill - we'll call it Frank for short. Looks like the donor grill is a 2005 model, and is slightly taller (in the bottom section of the cart frame), otherwise they seem identical. The extra height should be a nice bonus.

I'll post more (and better) pictures here as I get them pulled apart and sorted out. Thanks again for the input on this!

Bruce, if you don't mind, can you PM me the contact info for rcplanebuyer? I am not seeing grates for this particular model on his ebay store and want to ask him if he has them or can make them before I go with bbqparts grates. Also, would prefer to deal with him directly, if possible. I will say I was referred by tvwbb.
WOOF WOOF! Nice looking dogs!

Hahaha. Thanks all! It really did turn out awesome, thanks very much to you all here!

I'll admit, those grates have not looked that clean in months! Though I do brush them at every single cook, of course. Suffice it to say they are very well seasoned now. Here it is after quite a few uses taking care of some beautiful steaks...

PXL_20210820_234722716.jpg

Our dogs help me keep the cat box clean. I hope Jack doesn't hike his leg on the utensils! :eek:

Is that the wood you want to refinish? It still looks pretty good in the picture.
Yes, it looks good from far but it's far from good. The poly is cracking. I had used non-spar on it a few coats over the years, then did a half @ssed job coating it with spar but the underlying poly needs to be removed. That is a nice long day of sanding, one by one, 30 oak slats, then staining them again along with that gorgeous handle and its spare, then I like to do about 5 coats of poly. Probably going to get a new gallon of spar for that job along with a couple handfuls of those foam brushes to put the stuff on with. One of these weekends, but it's coming soon. I have a 1000 to restore too, so the garage will be filled with disassembled grills for a weekend soon!

Our dogs help me keep the cat box clean. I hope Jack doesn't hike his leg on the utensils! :eek:
We had a family dog when I was a kid that did that. I always wondered if the little bits of cat litter were like sprinkles for that dog, yuck!

We had a family dog when I was a kid that did that. I always wondered if the little bits of cat litter were like sprinkles for that dog, yuck!
It's one thing I can't understand about dogs...their sense of smell is so many times greater than a human's, but they go around sniffing butts all the time...especially the cat's butt. I tell my wife it must be like French perfume to a dog.

It's one thing I can't understand about dogs...their sense of smell is so many times greater than a human's, but they go around sniffing butts all the time...especially the cat's butt. I tell my wife it must be like French perfume to a dog.
One thing? They have lots of "things" that are hard to understand! Although, in a lot of ways, they make a lot of sense too. You'll notice they are not called "woman's best friend" .....

One thing? They have lots of "things" that are hard to understand! Although, in a lot of ways, they make a lot of sense too. You'll notice they are not called "woman's best friend" .....
Yeah, that's another thing that is hard to understand. Why are diamonds a woman's best friend and men get stuck with a dog?

But all kidding aside, I truly think dogs are a gift to mankind.

If I could talk with Jack, I would just ask him please to stop barking at every person that walks by. He barks a lot. He's barking right now. It is loud. Other than that, he's a good big boy.

Yah, I really don't get the idea of barking at everyone. It isn't like it makes any difference. Just some built in instict, I guess.
My dog will bark at people walking by sometimes and others, he will just sit an look at them. No real rhyme or reason to it. Can be same person two different times. One time he barks, other time, barely pays attention.

Back