Email about Rancher from Orig Charcoal Company

Jeff S

TVWBB Pro
Dear RANCHER customers,
Thanks to many of you who have patiently waited for a store listing of where RANCHER is still available.
ALSO,
Thank you all for your terrific efforts to locate, and buy, so much of our RANCHER charcoal. We are overwhelmed by your response. We continue to work hard to have this available across the country.
HOME DEPOT WANTS YOU TO KNOW THAT THERE IS RANCHER CHARCOAL CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AT STORES ACROSS THE COUNTRY. They provided the attached list of stores that still have RANCHER. According to their list, nearly every store in Florida, Texas, NY, and California has at least one full pallet left...I guess their store personnel must have misplaced the RANCHER when they told all of you that they were out of stock...

The attached list is as of Monday September 10th. A word of warning, their list is not in alphabetical order, nor by region, nor by state. Still, I am sure that these stores will be thrilled to have your RANCHER off of their books.

Again, thank you for your interest and support to date. We find your letters and inquiries very important, and ask that you continue to keep us updated. We will use the information that you have provided us to target grocery stores, other big box, and club stores in your areas.

***In the meantime, please review the attached store list, and contact those stores for available product.

Thanks again, and enjoy the day,

Eric Krause
The Original Charcoal Company

List

So where is the list?
icon_smile.gif

It is an excel list.....I do not know how to attach it. If someone can tell me how, I will be glad to.

You should be able to copy and paste into into Word. The copy box should appear, select the drop down and click on the "keep text only" radio button. You should then be able to copy and paste into a post here. Otherwise feel free to send it to me and I'll post it lermain @ sbcglobal . net.

The list is organized by store number. the Home Depot Store Locater on their website shows store numbers. The store numbers do seem to be organized by state. The 1900a, for example are all in Illinois and the 2000s are in Indiana.

Jeff sent me the file and after removing all the stores with zero on hand quanity I was still left with 1036 stores. I think this is probably more lines than Chris would like me to post on this site.

Marty has a pdf of this up on his site that's pretty easy to use. Marty if you want me to send you a modified version of the pdf only showing stores with on-hand quanity let me know and I'd be happy to email it to you . . . I've got it ready to roll.

Also, be sure to call ahead. I found a local store here that the report listed 26 bags at. I called, she said her computer said she had 19, went out and did a physical count for me and they have zero in stock. The good news, I found a store about 45 minutes from my home that has almost 200 bags on hand . . . I wonder how much the gardner would charge me to go pick some up for me in his truck
icon_biggrin.gif

Wow, Larry, $3.79,,,, I guess the clearance is over! Still better than the local store here advertising as sale of K for $6.49 per 18lb bag!

my store still has about two pallets. after i talked to guy who runs the q area i went back and found that he followed my suggestion. he put it out in a nice big display next to the q area as opposed to the small cubby hole. it was still 2.99 at the time.

I also got the same email and was coming here to post. I got the same list and unfortunately checked on two locations that said they had 59 and 29 bags on hand. Neither had any when I called. Not sure Home Depot is tracking them like they should. Make sure you call before you drive.

Still $2.99 in Kansas City!

I'm sure the inventory at some of the stores isn't completely accurate, plus it's already several days old. Definitely call ahead before burning any gas to go get some!

I emailed the guy that sent out the email and told him that many of his figures were off and several people are calling the store that show having invnetory and are being told there is none. JSYK.

Cool - supposedly a store somewhat close to me has several (like, in the 30's) bags. If I can get down there tomorrow, I plan to clean 'em out. Love that Rancher. I really hope they carry it next year on a permenant basis.

Saw this thread this morning and checked the local HD store #s against the list. List said just one of the stores had any in stock. Took a 20 minute drive and picked up 20 bags.

Rotisserated a chicken (stuffed with onion, garlic, rosemary, butter) already with the stuff. Seems to work pretty good.

Thanks!

Back