Electric Temp Controller Bag

Joel-NY

For a newbie that lives in an apt and has to store the Electric Temperature Controller indoors (as per Weber advice), looking for am idea for a bag or case to store the Controiller. It has thick wire and 2 large parts that make collapsing it difficult and space in closets is limited (It knocks things off shelves when moved) so I want to keep it contained in a bag or some container. Ideas, please? Thanks!!

Hi Joel. There is an “Automatic Temperature Control Systems” section to the forum, so you might want to post this there to get more responses.

Most people don't bother storing the ATCS indoors. If you have a cover the for the grill, I see no reason for removing the controller and bringing it inside. Otherwise, a simple re-usable small shopping bag would probably work just fine.

Thanks, as we have an apt with limted storage space, I need a bag that can be put onto a shelf of a closet so that the heavy wire and two big ends does not knock everything else from the shelf near it when taken out. Found a small packing cube that seems to be the perfect size.Wires stuffed in, zipped up, and into the closet. Thanks for the input. btw, written direction and intial emails form Weber do say the unit should ne be left in the grill. As a newbie, I follow directions, even though I have the Weber grill cover. Live by the ocean with occasional big winds!!

I use some foam I cut up to wrap my probes around to keep the cables from kinking (and hold the pointy end) and found a tupperware container I could cut them all down to fit alongside my signals/billow. Works well. I leave it in the garage (summer) and inside the house (winter) as we hit -30 and below which does NOTHING any good.

Bonus use...I used a heat gun and softened up one edge and curved it down a bit so I can run the cables/probes inside with the lid on. I use the container to hold the signals controller when it is raining outside too for water protection.

1656866298456.png

1656866361478.png

For a newbie that lives in an apt and has to store the Electric Temperature Controller indoors (as per Weber advice), looking for am idea for a bag or case to store the Controiller. It has thick wire and 2 large parts that make collapsing it difficult and space in closets is limited (It knocks things off shelves when moved) so I want to keep it contained in a bag or some container. Ideas, please? Thanks!!
Do you have a pic of the controller?

Sorry but it seems like a whole lotta bother over something. FWIW I never took mine out on the one I had. It got caught in the rain as well. FWIW, if you're so inclined simply pull it out and store it inside the grill and cover the grill

Back