Easy weeknight balsamic chicken recipe

Dave from Denver

TVWBB Wizard
I've been meaning to post this for a bit, and this new healthy grilling forum seems like the place. Beauty in simplicity here, give it a shot you might like it!

Ingredients
10 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
1T Lawrys seasoned salt
1t garlic powder
4T balsamic vinegar

Whisk together with fork
Pour over chicken thighs, stir to make sure all parts of all thighs are coated. Marinate 30 minutes at least

MEANWHILE
Preheat your grill on high (gas) or create a two zone fire (charcoal) while your chicken is marinating. Apply chicken to hot zone and reduce direct heat to low leaving one indirect burner on high (gas) or allow to sear and then move to cool zone (charcoal). Repeat sear/move process when you flip (charcoal) or continue cooking until done over low heat (gas).

Clean (always!) and oil your grates or you'll get stickin' chickin' like I did here:

Don't be afraid to crisp this chicken up a little bit, some of the sugar from the balsamic will start to burn and impart a delicious bitterness that really works with this... but try not to blacken it too much. You can take it a little further than I have here.

Starting on hot and finishing on low heat this takes about 6 minutes on the first side and 8-10 minutes on the second side.

Cook to 165 internal or your desired doneness. Because this is thighs they can take some abuse up to about 180F without drying out too bad.

I like to serve this straight up, on sandwiches, over pesto pasta, or my favorite, with a nice balsamic vinaigrette salad.

Put your salad dressing together in a small bowl. :
1T balsamic,
1T olive oil
1/2t dijon
1/2t garlic powder
1 pinch white sugar, salt and pepper to taste
Whisk with fork. dress salad

here I have lettuce, broccoli, marinated artichoke hearts, and avocado. Your plate
D262AD3C-3DA4-40A9-BDAA-A06B52020CDD-15488-000011AE7B9E3F2B_zps4cc70d9b.jpg

Dem leftovers
6C276918-E839-419E-9A99-817B9DF1F52A-15488-000011AE70D34C72_zps44f52311.jpg

Last edited:
We do a lot of salads for dinner with the meat cooked on the Smokey Joe. This is a perfect recipe for that! Will have to try it out!

Great looking chicken. I can picture one of those leftover chunks on a nice ciabatta roll with a little hot sauce , lettuce and tomato.....

Back