Easter Time For LAMB!!!!

Maybe they are like my grandmother who liked it roasted to a nice even #9 gray and served it with Crosse and Blackwell mint jelly. After she died I learned about not slaughtering the poor thing twice!
Growing up, everyone served it with mint jelly. Sorry, but that’s a disaster. Like being in the dentist’s chair.

When I had lamb cooked over coals and with SPG Rosemary and the fat has a nice crisp on it and the meat was tender and juicy, I was hooked. To me, there’s no better way to enjoy lamb.

Growing up, everyone served it with mint jelly. Sorry, but that’s a disaster. Like being in the dentist’s chair.

When I had lamb cooked over coals and with SPG Rosemary and the fat has a nice crisp on it and the meat was tender and juicy, I was hooked. To me, there’s no better way to enjoy lamb.
Right on all points there!

EASTER - MARCH 31, 2024

Let's see those LAMB recipes. 🥰

or not!!!!!

What am I doing with a 3" binder FULL OF RECIPES FOR LAMB???

Last edited:
Hello Joan. Got one in refrigerator hoping that this weekend coming up is going to be a good one. In my neck of the woods, the last few weekends have bin so nice.

Hi Vinny, DH is from Long Island, the town of Bayport. We just clicked on your avatar and looked at the pictures of Long Island. Lot of pictures of bridges. :giggle:

Scored a small “semi boneless” leg for Easter, should be grand with the picnic ham for the rest of the crowd! I will try to remember the red wine/ balsamic vinegar marinade that the Frugal Gourmet used to do. I fear it’s on a scrap of paper in one of probably 12 recipe boxes! I might just “wing it”to the best of my memory. It will be fine!
I have not had lamb on Easter in a very long time! The last time I was visiting my Mom before she passed probably fifteen years ago! I think of my parents every time I have lamb, they loved it!
I “might” think about the pistachio crust but, I think a rack lends itself to that a bit more.

Hi Vinny, DH is from Long Island, the town of Bayport. We just clicked on your avatar and looked at the pictures of Long Island. Lot of pictures of bridges. :giggle:
Bayport is about 15min away. The bridges you are probably see is the bridges going over the bay to the Atlantic ocean side. Robert Moses and Jones beach are very close to Bayport. And then you have the beautiful fire island that is a short boat ride over the bay from Bayport. Lots of fun places to hit over there in the summer time!!

Back