Easter Time For LAMB!!!!

Vinny G

TVWBB Fan
Short and to the point. Never like Lamb!!! Made this paste smoked it NOTHING CAME OUT BETTER NOTHING!!!!!

Here is the Paste, for a 6 to 9 pound leg of lamb:

1 clove garlic, minced

1 onion, minced

2 tablespoons olive oil

Grated rind of 2 lemons

1/2 cup lemon juice

3-inch sprig of fresh mint or 2 tablespoons mint jelly(I us the fresh mint)

3 teaspoons combined minced fresh herbs (thyme, tarragon, rosemary, marjoram )

3 tablespoons brown sugar (reduce to 2 tablespoons if mint jelly is used )

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Saute the garlic and onion 2 minutes in the olive oil.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 3 minutes.
Brush the lamb on all sides with this sauce and put in frige over night cover with saran wrap.
Next day let meat sit a while to come close to room temp(1/2 an hour or so set up WSM and heat up)put more past on again and cook away.

Hope it comes out as good as mine did if not better!!!
Vinny

Stefan B

TVWBB All-Star
Can you give more details?

Cook temps
Cook time
Target internal temp
Wood used

Any pic's??

Been itching for some lamb.

Vinny G

TVWBB Fan
Hay Stefan
I keep the wsm at 225 -230. Took about 4 or 5hours. Internal I went to 145 wrap it for about 1/2 hour then cut into it. I used hickery 3 or 4 fist size chunks. Don't let it go past 150 I feel it gets dryer as it stays long temp wise. 145 is about meduim rare,so if you let it sit for 1/2 it will raise a couple of degrees.
No pics I made it last year and the year before. Last year it was a little dryer than the year before. Thats why I say don't let it go longer (Degrees wise). The first year I didn't have to make a gravy because it was so moist. O I got the Legs of lamb from Costco.
Hope that this helps

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Easter Time For LAMB!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. I love lamb steaks on the grill and was lucky enough to find some yesterday in my small city (usually have to go to Raleigh, NC to find a Trader Joe's).
Yesterday I happened upon a Middle East Market here in Greenville run by a fellow from Palestine and he cut me two halal steaks from the leg.
They are now marinating in evoo, redwine vinegar, garlic, red wine, S&P,and chopped fresh oregano.
Looking forward to tonight and a nice glass of zinfandel with the steaks.

Ray

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
Lamb steaks were very good last night. Served them with a new sauce I found on the net.
1 TSP sherry vinegar
1 TSP honey
1 TSP dried mint
1/2 cup evoo
Mixed all and spooned over the steaks after they rested for about 6 minutes. Yummy.

AlWielgosz

TVWBB Super Fan
I have never cooked lamb in my life, actually have only had it a few times as kabobs. My Aunt loves Lamb and got me a roast to cook for Easter So looks like I'm firing up the 14" WSM in the morning

Len Dennis

TVWBB Diamond Member
I have never cooked lamb in my life, actually have only had it a few times as kabobs. My Aunt loves Lamb and got me a roast to cook for Easter So looks like I'm firing up the 14" WSM in the morning
You realize this thread is over 6 years old.

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
How'd it turn out? A friend came over yesterday and talked about cooking lamb---I thought he meant gyros because he's always talking about the gyro place near me, but he was talking about shanks & rack of..... I've cooked very little lamb but always seem to enjoy it.