Easter - Smoked Deviled Eggs With Candied Bacon

Chris R.

TVWBB Member
Running Late but wanted to throw a little Smokefire Food p0rn Up. Happy Easter Everybody!!

I'll Discuss further later if anyone wants Details :)

Chris

Attachments

• SF.Eggs.Start.jpg
    SF.Eggs.Start.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 21
  • SF.SmokeoOnEaster.Eggs.jpg
    SF.SmokeoOnEaster.Eggs.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 21
  • SF.SmokedDeviledEggs.Candied Bacon.Easter.jpg
    SF.SmokedDeviledEggs.Candied Bacon.Easter.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Boiled and Peeled the Eggs. Put on Smokefire on Smokeboost Mode for 1 hour. Could have easily let em go for a second hour if time allowed.

Mashed and Mixed the Yolks in a bowl with Mayo and Miracle whip at a 2 to 1 ratio favoring Mayo. Added Slap Yo Daddy All purpose Rub to taste, mixed in (then added a little more for good measure). You can add Horseradish if that's your thing but I'm not into it. Chives work too its all personal preference. I Keep mine simple.

Placed 5 strips of Apple wood Smoked Thick Cut bacon on a broiler pan (Pan Wrapped in Pink Butcher Paper) and Baked at 400.

After about 25 minutes Squeezed Mrs. Butterworth's ( I was out of real Maple Syrup) onto each slice and painted it around with a silicone brush. Continued balking for about 5 -8 minutes and repeated the Syrup application. Continued baking again. Final coat of Syrup and Sprinkled with Brown sugar. Baked for another 5 or so minutes. Removed, Cooled and Diced bacon to size needed.

Filled egg whites with Yolk Mixture ( Sandwich bag w/ corner cut off "Frosting" method).

Sprinkled Additional Slap Yo daddy Rub onto Eggs for Color.

Topped with bacon pieces and Hit the road for Aunt's house. They were quite well received and Good feedback.

Second time I've made them and they've been popular both times. I last did them on my WSM14 a couple Easters ago and just kept the bottom vents closed enough to smoke em Slow and Low for 1-2 hours as time allows. The rest is the same regardless of the pit used.

Have Fun!

Boiled and Peeled the Eggs. Put on Smokefire on Smokeboost Mode for 1 hour. Could have easily let em go for a second hour if time allowed.
Dang, 1 hour? They didn't get rubbery? I put mine over a pan of ice, smokeboost, but only for 20-30mins until they get bronze. Steve Raichlen said to make sure they don't get rubbery but leaving them on for 2 long.

Dang, 1 hour? They didn't get rubbery? I put mine over a pan of ice, smokeboost, but only for 20-30mins until they get bronze. Steve Raichlen said to make sure they don't get rubbery but leaving them on for 2 long.
Love the Ice pan trick. Thank you. Good Question and point you make. I didn't notice anything rubbery about them and heard no comments from the family of eaters :)

Love the Ice pan trick. Thank you. Good Question and point you make. I didn't notice anything rubbery about them and heard no comments from the family of eaters :)
Well then, I will try smoking mine longer and see how it turns out!

Here is the recipe I use. We top with thick cut, crumbled bacon, chives, and paprika. So delicious. I add extra siracha to mine:

Back