Easter Dinner

Scott Terril

TVWBB Member
Borrowing from a couple of Chris's recipes and with some suggestions from Kevin K:

I did a 10# KC Strip loin yesterday for dinner. I trimmed quite a bit of fat off of it. It almost had a brisket like fat cap. I used the herb paste from Chris's prime rib roast recipe and let it sit at room temperature for about an hour and a half. I fired up the WSM using the standard method, let it settle to about 240 and put the meat on. I used two small to medium sized chunks each of apple and cherry. (not soaked) At about an hour and a half, the internal temp was 100 degrees. I took apart the WSM and set the grate right on top of the coals and seared each side for about two minutes. (A la Chris's tenderloin recipe). I wrapped it in tin foil and let it rest for 20 minutes, sliced it into steaks, and finished it on the grill. Just a few minutes on each side.

I served it with rosemary garlic potatoes, garlic bread, and green beans (made with brisket chunks from the last smoke). It all turned out very tasty. The steaks had great flavor and were very tender. Next time I might pull it at a slightly lower internal temp for the family members who like their steaks a little rarer. All in all, I was very pleased.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter!

Scott

That all sounds very good Scott. We had a traditional ham, but those steaks sound much better to me!

We did ham with the inlaws on Saturday. I've got plenty of leftovers for lunch for the next couple of weeks. The guys at work love Mondays after I've BBQ'd. I always bring enough for everyone to sample a little.

Back