Easiest, Best, and Cold Smoking Rig Ever

RCBaughn

TVWBB Super Fan
I know that many of you have seen the AmazeN Cold Smoker system, but this seems to be able to do the job and most of us won't even have to go out to buy anything to make it. I hope that this doesn't break rules linking to another forum, but when I went searching on Google and found that post I was amazed and though you guys would really appreciate the ingenuity this guy had. Work great on a WSM or even a kettle with some partitions to block the heat I think. Anywho, enjoy the merits of the fine mesh strainer!

Easiest Cold Smoke Generator

I am gonna give it a whirl later this week I think on some cheese and garlic.

SieveColdSmoker_Hickory.jpg

SieveColdSmoker_Lighting.jpg

Last edited:
Oh well I just asked the guy and he said it was fine if I took the pictures and posted them here! It's a real ingenious way to build one no doubt!

Yeah there we go! No he won't, he is a great guy. He said the more people that can see it the better! I think he got like 5 hours off of one load of dust if I remember right. That is amazing if ya ask me since it is probably gonna be free to build to most of us. I don't even know if I can call it building it though, it's more just warping something. LOL.

Very nice. Any idea how long it will last? I can usually get 4 hours out of 1 1/4 rows of the amazn.

Anyone tried using the sawdust from Cameron's. The folks who make the stovetop smoker/cooker.

Seems like their dust is fine enough to use as cold smoke fuel.

jz

I don't really know where I am going to get dust, all I have access to is Jack Daniel's and Alderwood chips that Walmart sells. I read somewhere about someone taking a spade bit to a piece of firewood and making their own like that. Don't wanna have to go to all that trouble though. Wish the old Husqvarna had a dust collector on the side!

Back