Early 4th of July Dinner

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
My son and his wife were here for the weekend, but wouldn’t be able to stay for the 4th of July.
So after a morning of picture taking, we decided to celebrate the 4th a few days early.
DSC_7370.jpg

DSC_7389.jpg

DSC_7434.jpg

DSC_7437.jpg

ABT’s were stuffed with cream cheese with chives, pulled pork from last night’s dinner and
wrapped in thick sliced bacon, since that was all the bacon I had left, and put onto the Performer.
Corn was sprayed with olive oil and put alongside the ABT’s, with 2 small chunks of hickory.
DSC_7468.jpg

The kids had seen pictures from my last Jucy Lucy cook, so that is what they requested for dinner.
5 of the Jucy Lucy’s were made with cheddar cheese and bacon and the one with the toothpick (mine)
was filled with jalapenos, cheddar cheese and Sriracha sauce. Put onto my OTS with lump charcoal
and one small chunk of hickory.
DSC_7472.jpg

ABT’s and corn off the grill.
DSC_7474.jpg

My wife also bought me a “slider” maker for Father’s Day, so since we had some left over burger
from the Jucy Lucy’s decided to use the rest of the burger and make these. Plan on giving a lot
of them to the kids for their trip back to Florida, and will eat the rest for lunch or breakfast.
icon_biggrin.gif

DSC_7476.jpg

Jucy Lucy’s are done.
DSC_7484.jpg

Sliders are done.
DSC_7485.jpg

Plated with some deviled eggs and leftover potato salad.
DSC_7490.jpg

Forgot the ABT’s on the first plate!
DSC_7498.jpg

Really delicious and filling meal! Perfect meal for a great weekend with the kids!

Thanks for looking!

good food, spending time with family and some beautiful scenery, cant ask for a better weekend than that. thanks for sharing.

Lord have Mercy! These are some of the best photos I have ever seen!

The food is also Spectacular!

I would call this a Home Run in the World Series!

Just Perfect Mike.

Mike u got the picture taking down(cooking looks super too!)

I'll take a couple of those lucy's to go!!

You covered it all Mike! I like the idea of the ABT's with pulled pork. That one I'm going to try. Thanks! By the way, how do you like the D7000?

Originally posted by Rolf Jacobsen:
You covered it all Mike! I like the idea of the ABT's with pulled pork. That one I'm going to try. Thanks! By the way, how do you like the D7000?

The D7000 is one fantastic camera Rolf! I found that when I need to shoot high ISO you get little or no grain up to 3200 ISO. But, as I have been told, it is a tool and that it is only as good as the person behind the lens.
icon_wink.gif
If I ever decided to get more involved in photography I may upgrade to a Nikon D800, but that is in the way future, maybe..

Back