E6 follow up

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Emerald Member
Now that I have about 5 cooks on the E6 under my belt, and currently smoking a shoulder I would just like to express how I feel about it.
While I forgot what I went through when my kettle was new I was a little upset at first when trying to operate the E6 when it was new.....and air leaky. ( word of the day ). Anyways I was confident that after I could get it gummed up a bit and it would become more responsive as I used it. It is coming around now. Today at 5 it was cool out and I started getting the smoke ready. Lit a small amount of used charcoal and prepped the rest with weber briq’s and peach and cherry. Looking to start it cool I was running a 220 for 2 hours straight, I wanted a bit warmer so I made minor adjustments and set it at 240. Let’s just say that this smoker holds temps solid as a rock. It runs straight will no changes to the grill temp at all, 2 degree changes maximum. The small air leak where the gasket / seal meets at the back is getting better too. I am very impressed with it. It feels like I could get it going and leave the house for a while or go to sleep. I have a weld that is broken in my grate and condensation in my thermometer I would like to get addressed. Can anyone help me on how to do that? I have it registered with Weber, I just don’t know who to contact.
If you are debating on buying one of these I would say just go get it, it works like a dream.

Nice write-up; For me considering the E-6($1400) or the Weber Kettle 26"($530) here in Costa Rica which will be parked next to my Weber Performer Deluxe,WSM 18" Classic(2008) and Weber Smoky Joe. I am also very interested in adding my first-ever gas portable like the new Weber Traveler before adding another charcoal grill.

Awesome thanks fletcher.
I would assume they should look after me, it is barely used and the broken grill is just the centre section of the gbs or whatever that doughnut hole is called.

The condensation is a common thing and will come and go. Guessing they won’t replace the thermometer unless it’s broken. Hope they get you taken care of on the grate though.

I had a dent in the lid of my new E6. Weber replaced it no questions… Their customer service is wonderful. I too have a small leat where the ends of the gasket go into the lid. Does not appear to cause any issue at all. i Noticed that the gasket has flattened a bit (as I would expect) and I have no smoke leaks at all.

I am so pleased with it.

Interesting. I expected that when I ordered my Smokefire EX6, but it didn't happen. I had to go in and put it in myself.
I wonder if it’s a warranty issue. Do you know if the warranty is good for future owners or only the person who registers the product?

I wonder if it’s a warranty issue. Do you know if the warranty is good for future owners or only the person who registers the product?
Only for registered users, as far as I know. My EX6 was ordered directly from Weber, I just figured that they would have it already registered, as it was ordered on my account, but no luck. No big deal really, it's just that in 20 some years of owning Webers, I've still yet to see the great customer experience that everyone is always talking about.

Charlie

So the thermometer in the lid seemed to work its way back to not noticing condensation anymore and I let Weber know it seems to be better, took pictures of the grate and told them it was only the center section that was damaged.
Awesome customer service, a few interactions only and pictures and I had my new entire full grate, outside ring and center section delivered to me within a few days. Excellent service. I was a Weber for lifer after my first purchase and now I have 4 and still love them all.
I gave away my broil king last weekend.....my only propane grill I had left.....over 10 years old, nicely gunked up, worked like a charm except for a newish tiny leak at the back of one of the burners. It had started to have a tiny bit of flame, it appears as though the burner tube was on its way out. A good friend was recently with zero bbq's and cooking everything over a camp fire. I said " why didn't you let me know earlier " but anywyas he was more than happy to take this off my hands and kept trying to stick money in my pockets....
Everyone is happy now, and I am a Webers only guy now. Some maybe even would say racist as all my grills are all the same colour and shape......
:oops::rolleyes:🤪

Back