E-620 NG to LP conversion

Mark Mangini

New member to the Weber forums!

I picked up an E-620 from a couple down the street yesterday morning. The grill is in great shape overall, but it needs a deep cleaning and some love.

I've been doing some homework on NG to LP conversions and came close to ordering a kit for $80 or so with the regulator and jets. I did come across an OEM E-620 manifold kit w/knobs so I'm leaning toward that route instead. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I order the manifold kit, I will only need a regulator to complete the LP conversion. Am I on the right track ?

Thanks! - Mark

Attachments

• weber.jpg
    weber.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 7
i think if you have a chance for propane manifold if its not to much i would go that way yes that all you need just as long as it is complete do you have a picture of the OEM manifold

New member to the Weber forums!

I picked up an E-620 from a couple down the street yesterday morning. The grill is in great shape overall, but it needs a deep cleaning and some love.

I've been doing some homework on NG to LP conversions and came close to ordering a kit for $80 or so with the regulator and jets. I did come across an OEM E-620 manifold kit w/knobs so I'm leaning toward that route instead. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I order the manifold kit, I will only need a regulator to complete the LP conversion. Am I on the right track ?

Thanks! - Mark
Yes that is the ONLY way you can be absolutely sure you're doing it properly and safely. Also I have noticed from other members that some manifolds being pawned off as for "grills" are NOT. They are high pressure high flow for heaters, fireplaces and large fryers. Buy a Weber regulator if you want to be safe and certain. But before you go down a rabbit hole with that grill make sure the fire box is not swiss cheese like so many are on the front panel

Mark, yes, easily, your bet route is the complete new LP manifold. Then, yes you would need a hose and regulator to connect to the LP tank. Those are $10 to $15. Oh, and take Larry's caution to heart regarding investing a lot into the grill before you know if it will last.

Not sure about the older generation, but the newer generation E600 Summits have the tank hang on the right side outside of the cabinet.

But I think there is a tank scale for it to hang maybe with a hole in the floor. I have not seen a propane Weber w/o tank scale. Have you?
Hi Joe, this Spirit generation is propane without a tank scale. The tank sit in a hole in the floor
1620347738693.jpeg

Unfortunately there is no "location" on my NG model Summit but I think I will have enough real estate to hang it on right side of the cabinet with a scale. If that idea does not work, then I will attach it to the outside of the grill.

Attachments

• Weber12.jpg
    Weber12.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 4
Pretty big difference between a two burner spirit and a six burner Summit.
My wife has a 3 burner Spirit from the same generation. The floor pan is form fitted around a 20lb tank. It probably cost more than a hole and a tank scale. No holes for tank scale in the side panels

My wife has a 3 burner Spirit from the same generation. The floor pan is form fitted around a 20lb tank. It probably cost more than a hole and a tank scale. No holes for tank scale in the side panels
I stand corrected as I guess I have not done enough Spirit rebuilds. So are there any Genesis or Summits that don't have a tank scale?

I stand corrected as I guess I have not done enough Spirit rebuilds. So are there any Genesis or Summits that don't have a tank scale?
Every propane Genesis and Summit have a tank scale. The natural gas ones are not always drilled out. Whatever you do you want to secure the tank in an upright position

I like to hang the tank outside the cabinet.

in general the tanks are hard to deal with for folks with mobility or range of motion issues

Every propane Genesis and Summit have a tank scale. The natural gas ones are not always drilled out. Whatever you do you want to secure the tank in an upright position

I like to hang the tank outside the cabinet.

in general the tanks are hard to deal with for folks with mobility or range of motion issues
Have to agree. Being older I covered the hole and just set the tank on the plywood cover.

Back