E-210 won't get hot enough

Robert C

I am helping my brother in law fix his E-210. The grill won't get much over 200 degrees. The problem has been on going since it was new, He has a full new tank and has done the safety valve reset a couple of times. Anyone go a through a similar situation?
Thanks,
Bb

Welcome Robert.
How old is the grill? I am assuming it is only a few years old at most if he has been dealing with a grill that won't get much over 200 since he bought it. If it is still in warranty, then call Weber. They will get him fixed up.
If he has done the reset and has tried different tanks, then the next thing to look at would be the regulator. A new replacement can be had for about $15. But again, if it is still under warranty, call weber and let them send a new hose and regulator.

Disconnect the regulator from the tank and reconnect it. Turn on the gas slowly and then ignite it and see if it rises above 200 degrees after that. Some Weber regulators have a safety mechanism built in the that kicks in if you turn on the gas too quickly. The default then is you can not raise the temp over 200 degrees no matter how much you turn it then.

He said he did the reset thing a couple times already but it probably wouldnt hurt to try again. There is one mistake that people make when doing the reset however and that is forgetting to turn off all three valves on the grill before reconnecting the LP tank. If you open the tank with the valves open, it will sense that as a major leak and again trip the safety check valve.

So, turn off all burners, close the tank, disconnect the tank. Wait a minute or two, reconnect the tank, then ensure the grill valves are still OFF and Slllloooowwwllllyyy open the lp tank valve. Once you get it open a couple full turns, you can open it up the rest of the way normally. Then turn on the front burner valve and light the grill, then turn on the back burner. If you don't get good flames, then concentrate on the regulator on the hose.

Back