Dry rubbed pork tenderloins

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
If these come out good I’ll post the homemade rub recipe.

Countertop marinated them for 1 hour. Indirect on smoke for the WSK with one piece of red wine barrel oak chunk.

Salad is heirloom tomatoes with fresh mozz, evoo from Italy, Modena balsamic, roasted red peppers, assorted olives and basil chiffonade and finished with fresh cracked black pepper

1724897931034.jpeg

1724898520273.jpeg

Attachments

• 1724897965297.jpeg
    1724897965297.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 3
Dry rub recipe:

1/3 C dark brown sugar
Salt to taste onto the meat directly
Black pepper
Cayenne
Paprika
Gran onion
Gran garlic
Cumin
Mustard powder
Cinnamon

Salt was around 1 tsp
All the other spices were around 1/2 tsp

Mix all ingredients together and taste for desired profile.

This is a sweet heat profile once mixed. Earthy and balanced. No bright notes.

Looks great.

What was IT for the cook?
Smoke session was around 230-240 for 30 mins. When the loins were 120°F I cranked open the bottom vent and lifted the lid and played the flip game till the loins has some crisp and char and the dry rub was dried forming a light crust.

Pull temps ranges from 135°-145°, then I tented and rested them for 10 minutes before slicing and service.

An overnight marinade in the fridge would be even better. Just coat the loins and place them in a ziplock and squeeze out all the air.

Very simple cook after a long day. Very easy to get this to the table. Sides are unlimited. Choose as you see fit.

With the Jewel 125 anniversary sale*, we have been chewing through a bunch of these.
You are correct. Very simple to make. Dry rub. Sear, braise. I am sure my IT is more than it needs to be, but still tender, (tenderloins afterall.), and I can rest assured they are fully cooked.
Similar rub, sear in CI, all sides, pour in liquid, sit back and relax. Ready when you are.
All sides work. We cook potatoes so often on the grill that I need burlap clothes to make a comeback.
Our feeezer always has tenderloins. A staple for Chinese dishes. But with such ease.of cooking, and these prices, boom, a great meal all the neighbors love.

*$1.25 a pound.

Last edited:

Back