Dry Brining.

BobbyG

TVWBB Super Fan
Im doing a dry brine for a beer can chicken, I salted it up and wrapped in plastic wrap as the recipe says, they want it for 2 hrs, but I misread and thought it said 4, will my chicken be dry af?

I’d tend to doubt it, hey, it’s a beer can method, which is supposed to keep things moist, you should be fine.
I’m not sold on beer can method, but, I will be interested in the results.

I’d tend to doubt it, hey, it’s a beer can method, which is supposed to keep things moist, you should be fine.
I’m not sold on beer can method, but, I will be interested in the results.
I use the poultry roaster, not actual beer. It seems to work so much better

Ready for the grill!! Waiting for it to start smoking

Attachments

• 598D082E-53C7-4363-AC9E-5325DF1E7A52.jpeg
    598D082E-53C7-4363-AC9E-5325DF1E7A52.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 5
Proper grilling/smoking/cooking techniques will always prove better result. You thought through what was going on and what the concern was. Something I have learned from professionals over the years is a very simple fact (fact, not supposition) that every piece of product is different and learning to see, feel, smell the difference, is a skill which is constantly developing. Treat them all individually and pay attention to how the cook develops.

I dry brine all my chickens and turkeys that I do on my Genesis 1000. Much easier than wet bringing. I always do it over night, but I have read that you can get similar results in just a couple hours. I thought likewise, that you can't really over due it on time and the poultry will only absorb a certain amount before it starts to reject it.

Back