Dry Aged Fajitas

Hayden McCall

TVWBB All-Star
Got a couple primo dry aged strip steaks and decided to make some high-end fajitas. I didn't even bother marinating these. I just put some Spicy Chipotle Rub from Williams-Sonoma on 'em. The usual suspects were all there. Red bell pepper, habanero-jack cheese, and a couple of salsas...habanero-lime and mango-peach. I toasted the tortillas in the Brevard oven to save a few minutes. I made 4 fajitas total. Each had a brief cameo in what was a very short film. They're shown in the credits (last 4 photos). LOL

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Albert Adato:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">primo dry aged strip steaks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Primo dry aged strip steaks fajitas, did you know that is a punishable crime in Mexico? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but well worth the consequences.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Holey Spicoli Hayden!
I woulda ate those steaks right here!!! cuz all I need are some tasty strips, cool buds, and I'm fine....
icon_cool.gif
veryCoolDinnerDude! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've eaten dry aged strips about every way you can. Whatever use a steak can have...dry aged kicks up a notch. These were beyond amazing.

Hayden,

Your fajitas look great! I make my high end fajitas using thin cut ribeyes when on sale and Tyler Florence's fajita marinade. Rockin! Try that marinade some time for a different taste to high end fajitas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaleW:
Sweet! You ever try putting the tortillas on the grate? Really good looking meal! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've definitely done the tortillas on the grate before. I use the Breville oven on occasion when I'm trying to save some time. :)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T Bounds:
Hayden,

Your fajitas look great! I make my high end fajitas using thin cut ribeyes when on sale and Tyler Florence's fajita marinade. Rockin! Try that marinade some time for a different taste to high end fajitas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have to give it a whirl sometime. This is the first time I've not marinated my steak. I failed to double check the lazy susan to ensure I had any. Typically I use one of two marinades by Lawry's...either their Baja Chipotle or their Mexican Chile-Lime. Both are excellent.

I make a lot of fajitas because of an event my uncle has quite often. My uncle Rick (the inspiration for my entire grilling obsession) lives in Homer Glenn, IL. Right in the heart of Weber County. He's been grilling since he was 12. Grilling is a legacy in my family.

Anyway...that side of my family is Polish. Big time. My uncle hosts this event called "Dos Polockos Tacos." LOL Seriously. Two Polocks Tacos. My uncle has a painting company, and the majority of his employees are Mexican. As such, he's got a ton of exposure with the culture. He has this event out in front of garage, and it's often unscheduled. It's not uncommon for it to start with a few people, and to end up with saw horses at either end of the block to prohibit thru traffic. No joke. He even has a bar in the garage made with a door stretched across to saw horses, with a paint drop cloth over the top. It's called the Drop Cloth Lounge. He even has TV's in the corners of the garage. It's crazy. I've yet to get out his way to experience one of these myself. When they do tacos...they do everything. Pork tacos (from pulled pork, or sometimes even rib meat), arachara (spelling?), and even pheasant tacos. He's gone through 30 lbs. of beef in an evening.

Sorry for the rant. But if you go through my post history, I've done a handful of threads on fajitas...and this is the reason why. That...and I just flat out love the ****ed things. LOL

Back