Drilled through my cook box to install drip pan rails!!!

Jim, I want to know what kind of coffee that is!

Yes, cooking on the grills is great fun!

Might I put a little thought of a rotisserie in your brain?

I am just learning how to cook......I am 56 and never cooked more then dogs and burgers....and I even screwed those up! Now I am starting to get the hang of it. The rotisserie will have to wait until I get over the hump and get into the next phase........I dont even know what hunk of meat I would put on a rotisserie..........Its a pipe dream.....but would love some Gyro meat....lamb? I can imagine just shaving chunks off the hot grill and nibbling .......
The trick to my coffee success is switching brands. I have learned that my body gets used to the same old thing and just doesnt fire off when I go to the same well too many times. So my first few cups from a brand I havent tried usually lights me up......Im still rollin now........
Headed out to my ice cold garage to install a new regulator with 1/8 npt connection so I can fire up this ole 1000 I picked up.

Jim, ha ha! Well, you're eight whole years older than I am which isn't a lot. I was just suggesting rotisserie because I enjoy it. Yes, grilling is surprisingly complicated sort of, but really it's about temperature control and what your goal is. I think of it like, I need the interior meat temperature to be where it needs to be, but the outside of the meat is a concern too. Do we want grill marks? Crispy rotisserie skin? A light braise like on a piece of fish or veggies? There's plenty of fun to be had, and not everybody gets into the rotisserie thing. I think I need to go to the store and get something to grill. Bruce's flame thrower has me wanting to look for a london broil.

I am just learning how to cook......I am 56 and never cooked more then dogs and burgers....and I even screwed those up! Now I am starting to get the hang of it. The rotisserie will have to wait until I get over the hump and get into the next phase........I dont even know what hunk of meat I would put on a rotisserie..........Its a pipe dream.....but would love some Gyro meat....lamb? I can imagine just shaving chunks off the hot grill and nibbling .......
The trick to my coffee success is switching brands. I have learned that my body gets used to the same old thing and just doesnt fire off when I go to the same well too many times. So my first few cups from a brand I havent tried usually lights me up......Im still rollin now........
Headed out to my ice cold garage to install a new regulator with 1/8 npt connection so I can fire up this ole 1000 I picked up.
Make sure you use some good pipe dope on the adapter connection to the manifold. Don't put any pipe dope on the flare connection.
This is what most people use: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009PU9CK/?tag=tvwb-20

You can find that local at a bunch of places. HD, Lowes, Menards, etc....

Mr Hyde.........ha!!! Those 8 years are a lot.......they are the tough years when u go from immortal to somewhat fragile......hard to explain but just believe me :) .... Yes I agree I am learning my preference's and I really like the crust I am getting from olive oil in my Weber cast iron skillet on anything I cook......I am learning seasonings.....but I have a long way to go with those. I love garlic and just cant get enough in the skillet to blow my mind " yet "........Being on a diet sucks because I sure would like to play w butter and mayonnaise and such.....but I will survive.

Sir Bruce! Yes sir....I am one of your best students u just dont know it. A while back u and Larry repeated to me about 7 times until it finally sunk in...........correct dope on the 1/8 npt..........no anything on the flare.........It finally sunk in man! I cant tell u how many grill that I have picked up that have Teflon on the threads of the flare ......I always make u proud and re do it to make it right.

I have considered that.....I think my OCD tendencies would just get tons of satisfaction from being able to blast off rust from anything. I do have the space ......not sure I am smart enough to understand the set up and all of the diff materials and how they function.....but I do go to YouTube University so maybe I could make it happen. I wonder what kind of mess I would have to clean up in the parking lot.......juice might not be worth the squeeze chief.

I have a bachelor's degree from YTU, I'm going for my masters. The challenge with youtube university is that you can't actually watch an entire video, it's on the syllabus. You just skip around past the part where the guy talks about his dog and how his neighbor has been stealing figs from his tree, until you get to the relevant part of the video. I don't have my masters yet from YTU, but I'm working on it.

I have considered that.....I think my OCD tendencies would just get tons of satisfaction from being able to blast off rust from anything. I do have the space ......not sure I am smart enough to understand the set up and all of the diff materials and how they function.....but I do go to YouTube University so maybe I could make it happen. I wonder what kind of mess I would have to clean up in the parking lot.......juice might not be worth the squeeze chief.
Get a cabinet. No mess and maybe you can recycle the sand

Dude.....I surely have u beat! First of all.....I have YouTube premium because I couldnt stand the ads....they just slowed me down.....and I am soooooooooooooooo addicted that I had 20/20 eye sight when I started w YTU and now I wear old man cheaters to see my screen clearly. Im almost to the end of the internet!!!!! :)
I usually watch most vids at 1.5 or 2x speed just so I can get to the next one! Of course if its one of Bruce's vids I watch those at reg speeds because they are very informative.

Thanks Joe.....my knives need all the help they can get....I am embarrassed to say that I have never sharpened them. The brand is J A Henckels........its prob not the knives fault.......I am guilty as charged.
OK - so this obviously isn't the knife sharpening forum. I'll offer a few thoughts for beginners.

If you don't want to sharpen knives, you can buy cheap and replace. That works nowadays, especially for paring knives that cost like a dollar.

If you want to sharpen, you need the right knives, as well as tools and skills. Many stainless knives are simply hard (opposite of soft as well as difficult) to get an edge on. In the old days, knives had the opposite problem - they were easy to sharpen but dulled quickly due to softer steel.

Henckel is expensive but lasts a lifetime and is a better knife than you really need. I use a set of Henckels from about 20 years ago for everyday cooking.

Never dish wash knives (the powder dulls them) or bang them together in a drawer. You really need a block or similar.

A sharp knife really is safer because it goes where you want it too with less pressure.

My only experience is hand sharpening with stones. Kitchen knives are very forgiving to sharpen compared to other tools. Axes and chisels need to be sharp but also strong enough to cut wood. Kitchen knives can be sharp and thin and weak and still work perfectly on meat and vegetables.

Any sharpening is better than no sharpening. I bought my 8-year-old son a $3 sharpening stone from Harbor Freight. The basic motion is like cutting slices off the stone. You need to do both sides equally.

A sharp knife really is safer because it goes where you want it too with less pressure.
Obviously, you've never met my wife. There is no such thing as a safe knife around her. A sharp knife leaves a cleaner wound, I will say that much.

A sharp knife absolutely leaves a cleaner wound, a cut with a sharp knife will hardly leave a scar.

If you buy a sand blaster setup, make sure the cabinet can fit a Genesis cook box. It will have to be a pretty big one.

When I was a youngster, back when I knew everything, I worked in restaurants. We'd keep the knives super sharp. When we got our supply of local New Jersey tomatoes (some of the reddest most delicious tomatoes you've ever eaten) I'd slice them for sandwiches. Remember, we kept our knives super sharp. One time I cut the end of my finger off and the knife was so sharp, and the tomatoes were so red, that I didn't notice until I was cleaning up. Had to dump all of the tomatoes, and after a paper towel and scotch tape bandage, I had to cut a whole new supply of them. But the knife was so sharp I didn't even feel it, and I didn't really cut my finger off, but I had a pretty good gash going, and once I noticed I'd done that, saw I must have done it early in the tomatoes.

Fun times!

Dude.....I surely have u beat! First of all.....I have YouTube premium because I couldnt stand the ads....they just slowed me down.....and I am soooooooooooooooo addicted that I had 20/20 eye sight when I started w YTU and now I wear old man cheaters to see my screen clearly. Im almost to the end of the internet!!!!! :)
I usually watch most vids at 1.5 or 2x speed just so I can get to the next one! Of course if its one of Bruce's vids I watch those at reg speeds because they are very informative.
Interesting...I do not get ads watching YouTube on my computer, only when using my phone. I think it must be either Brave Shields or uBlock Origin blocking them. Very annoying those ads.

Back