Drewski's Redhead Resto

How did you clean the control panel? I'm having troubles finding a replacement panel so i guess my only option is to give it a good clean.

Some control panels will have a grayish fade in them that you cannot remove. However, gunk and grease will all come off as Nick recommends.

How did you clean the control panel? I'm having troubles finding a replacement panel so i guess my only option is to give it a good clean.
Mine wasn't in bad condition from the start, so that helped. I used a cleaner/degreaser and scrubbed really well. Then I hit it with compound pad on the end of a drill.

Andrew, magnificent job on that restoration! I love that you were able to resurrect the original wood slats.

Was finally able break out the camera and get a few photos of my completed restoration. Thank you Bruce for sending me the last piece I was missing to get her ready to go. I only have photos of the outside as the inside is nothing special to look at and only did a good cleaning. Plan on upgrading the internals in the near future since the parts that came with the grill aren't in as good of a condition I would like. Thank you all for the comments and help along the way. Cheers!
That is perfection!

That looks absolutely fantastic! I know it's from a few years ago, so I'm hoping you've had some excellent cooks on it by now!

Back