Door Pivot for Spirit E-310

colin.p

TVWBB Member
Hi lads and ladies. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime and of course I showed up for some assistance.

I have a Spirit E-310 that I bought new in 2012 (I seem to remember that the grill is a 2009 model) and after grilling some chops this evening, I noticed the right door was hanging a little crooked. So I of course went to check out why and jiggled the door and it fell off. The bottom pivot sheared off and I only have the pivot part that the door hangs on, but the piece that attached it to the bracket on the frame of the grill is MIA. Looking at the piece I have, I'm not sure how it would attach to the frame as it looks as if it was an all in one piece that was installed at the factory.

Has anyone here had to replace that door hinge/pivot and if so, was the replacement a two piece allowing it to attach to the frame bracket. I am not sure what the proper name of that part is and hopefully I can get the door mounted back on. The other door (so far) is just fine.

I did contact Weber and hopefully they know what I'm talking about and send me out that piece. If not, I suppose I can just use a bolt and a couple of nuts.

I added a picture from the manual to show what the blazes I'm talking about. It's number 15 and the part that shows it sliding back and forth for auto adjusting.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-06-07 19-50-41.png
    Screenshot from 2020-06-07 19-50-41.png
    400.3 KB · Views: 17

Back