Door on Weber Spirit Broke

Is the pin like the ones on the Genesis E3xx grills? Or is it like the ones on doors on a Silver B?

The door on my Weber Spirit came off yesterday. What part do I need? Looks like new door bushings?
What's your model number? Or can you send a pic of the entire grill? From what I can see it seems like a 2013-2022 model year Spirit 200 or 300 series model, but it would be good to confirm.

I chatted with Weber customer service and they’re are sending me a new door hinge assembly for free :). I’ve tried cleaning my burner tubes as Weber recommended. Only the first tube will ignite when I press the igniter. Should I poke all the holes with a needle to really clean them out?

I chatted with Weber customer service and they’re are sending me a new door hinge assembly for free :). I’ve tried cleaning my burner tubes as Weber recommended. Only the first tube will ignite when I press the igniter. Should I poke all the holes with a needle to really clean them out?
Good deal!

Yah, wire brushing should do it. I use a pin to clean out the holes on a Q grill burner sometimes, but those are holes are much smaller to begin with than on a Genesis grill.

Larry, I actually take an angle grinder and wire cup brush to all my rehab burners to include Q grills. I find that it does a wonderful job of cleaning up the burners and the holes themselves. I go side to side and lengthwise counter to what Weber recommends, but hey, it works for me quite well.
But, yah you do want to use a good stiff wire brush on them. I figure if the brushing, either by hand or angle grinder damages the burners, they are close being shot anyway and should just be replaced.

I have tried doing that after I saw you recommend it. But, I don't have a way to hold them and trying to hold them with one hand and hitting them with the angle grinder is too scary. So I use a welder's wire brush. Very stiff bristles and gets it clean enough to work. One day I will set up a proper bench in the garage :D

Make sure you're cleaning the crossover tube in the back that links the burners together. It's responsible for lighting the middle and right burners. We generally don't advise poke the holes with a needle because then you're pushing debris into the burner tube.

I have tried doing that after I saw you recommend it. But, I don't have a way to hold them and trying to hold them with one hand and hitting them with the angle grinder is too scary. So I use a welder's wire brush. Very stiff bristles and gets it clean enough to work. One day I will set up a proper bench in the garage :D
Larry, I highly recommend the Jawhorse. I am kind of surprised that you don't have one with all the garage work that you seem to do. I use mine all the time with my rehabs, but I get a lot of general use out of it as well. It is like a portable vice but has rubberized jaws for holding things you dont want to damage like frame parts. Also, the clamping and unclamping mechanism on them makes them super convenient as well. It has been worth every dollar I spent on it several times over.

Larry, I highly recommend the Jawhorse. I am kind of surprised that you don't have one with all the garage work that you seem to do. I use mine all the time with my rehabs, but I get a lot of general use out of it as well. It is like a portable vice but has rubberized jaws for holding things you dont want to damage like frame parts. Also, the clamping and unclamping mechanism on them makes them super convenient as well. It has been worth every dollar I spent on it several times over.
Bruce, I bought one after I saw you using it in either a video or pictures. I have used it so much use the rubber jaw inserts split. They are really expensive to replace. So far I have used a large washer to hold them back in. One day I will have to find a suitable material to make replacements.

Yeah, may invest in one. But, I don't do nearly the amount of "garage" or automotive work I used to. Cars go to the dealer for service 95% of the time now. And being Toyotas well basically only maintenance. Neither one has ever needed a repair of any kind. Knock wood LOL.
Tractor is a different story. Lots of mods and stuff going on all the time. But, yeah I may have to buy one

Bruce, I bought one after I saw you using it in either a video or pictures. I have used it so much use the rubber jaw inserts split. They are really expensive to replace. So far I have used a large washer to hold them back in. One day I will have to find a suitable material to make replacements.
I know the replacement pads are expensive. I always thought a piece of tire tread from a bias ply tire would work. With so many of them out there, I am surprised there are no aftermarket sources for them.

Yeah, Joe, that is the one annoying thing about these. I have the Harbor Freight knock-off version and like it very much. But when my pads finally give out, I will also be scrounging for a way to fix at a reasonable price. Being a HF part - it's probably just "Good luck on that😢!"

Jon, I think all of these "Jaw Horse" type devices are basically the same and IRC, I think they almost all use the same style of pads.

My pads are pretty beat up from the angle grinders and wire brushes and I even use it to weld stuff once in a while. Those rubber pads melt when the parts in them get hot. LOL. Mine are OK now, but I am going to need some pretty soon, I think.

Last edited:
Jon, I think all of these "Jaw Horse" type devices are basically the same and IRC, I think they almost all use the same style of pads.

My pads are pretty beat up from the angle grinders and wire brushes and I even use it to weld stuff once in a while. Those rubber pads melt when the parts in them get hot. LOL. Mine are OK now, but I am going to need some pretty soon, I think.
I just purchased a sheet of SBR (Styrene Butadiene Rubber) from Amazon for $15, cut it with a razor knife, and drilled some holes. This stuff is about an 1/8" thicker and a little more cushy than the original. I really like it so far. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L8NQ6Q0/?tag=tvwb-20
1663716968004.png

Back