Does anyone know the spray paint color that best matches a 300 series cabinet?

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
Hello all......I have come across several 300 series grills lately and even though the bottom shelf is usually rusted I can patch the bottom panel with scrap metal that I have in my shop. I would like to spray paint the metal to match.....has anyone found an easily accessible color that I can purchase?

Fyi.....I know I could buy a bottom shelf from Weber but they are real budget busters. I prefer to patch the shelf to make the grill strong again and list the grill immediately for a fair price.

Patch? That word probably bugs some of u guys :) I have only done one other one in the past and it turned out great. I will take pics of what I do this time. Basically a new bottom tied into the 4 frame bars somehow....some way...

To get you started:

Thanks Chris.....I am on here all the time and for some reason I just forget to use that awesome resource. I will spend some time on it tonight!!!

Hello all......I have come across several 300 series grills lately and even though the bottom shelf is usually rusted I can patch the bottom panel with scrap metal that I have in my shop. I would like to spray paint the metal to match.....has anyone found an easily accessible color that I can purchase?

Fyi.....I know I could buy a bottom shelf from Weber but they are real budget busters. I prefer to patch the shelf to make the grill strong again and list the grill immediately for a fair price.

Patch? That word probably bugs some of u guys :) I have only done one other one in the past and it turned out great. I will take pics of what I do this time. Basically a new bottom tied into the 4 frame bars somehow....some way...
paint.JPG
Krylon Gloss Machinery Grey is what I used in the picture. I replaced the bottom with plywood and painted it.

That looks a bit dark to me, but I will be needing a can of that stuff pretty soon for one of my rehabs. How much is it per can?

That looks a bit dark to me, but I will be needing a can of that stuff pretty soon for one of my rehabs. How much is it per can?
I think it was $5 or $6. It was the only place I found Massey Ferguson grey. I use it on the outside of the cabinet. I went through about 10 cans of grey before finding this one.

Thanks for the replies....its so hard to pick a can via the plastic lid cover. I am 0 for 2 on my selections which is why I reached out to u guys. What I have learned is that you have to chose a darker cap then u would think even possible.....that tractor grey looks right to me.

Tractor Supply sells that Same Paint style, it's rustoleum farm and implement and around me its almost $10 for a spray can, they also have it in quarts. It is a very good match for the cabinet.

I ended up ordering on amazon after striking out at tractor supply.....out of stock there

It looks like my TS has it in stock for $9.99 a can. I will have to swing over and pick up a couple cans for my current resto project.

Back