Does anyone, anywhere make solid, thick 304SS grates for the go anywhere?

I'm willing to pay shipping from overseas if that's what it takes. I've fallen back in love with my charcoal WGA - we are having an addition built that has put my other grills out of commission. I've been super impressed with the WGA but the factory grate leaves a lot to be desired. I know Killa used to make one but he has appeared to have closed up shop. Any other sources?

I've tried the grillgrates in the past, they do not fit the WGA and won't work for my purposes. I like to be able to pack everything inside the grill. Ideally thick 304SS rod grates.

Thanks

Worst case is far from ideal, but still might get you what you need. Get bigger grates (from anywhere, for any grill) and cut them to fit yourself. Pay careful attention to the spacing of the bars and crossbars.

Worst case is far from ideal, but still might get you what you need. Get bigger grates (from anywhere, for any grill) and cut them to fit yourself. Pay careful attention to the spacing of the bars and crossbars.

Yea I considered that - I even spent some time trying to track down a thick rod stainless bun warmer grated that is close to the correct size (16"x10"). The problem is, there are no grates that I could find that have more than a single long rod. Would prefer two supporting rods if at all possible

Yea I considered that - I even spent some time trying to track down a thick rod stainless bun warmer grated that is close to the correct size (16"x10"). The problem is, there are no grates that I could find that have more than a single long rod. Would prefer two supporting rods if at all possible
Jacob, you might send an email off to Hunsaker grills. They deal with stainless grate fabrication, and might be able to whip one up for you.

I really like the thin stock grates on the WGA. They are light, easy to cut, and let a lot of fire and / or smoke through. Why do you want heavier grates? A while ago I saw a WGA for sale on FBM with really thick SS grates that probably weighed in at more than the grill for $80. Would have been perfect for you.

I've used an oversized CI grate on a GA before but obviously it rules out a tight lid fit, although the lid can still be set down on the grate. Would this approach work?

With Mark from Killa Grilla retired, Heat Beacon Designs is the only place I can think of that makes a split 304 replacement grate:

Different configuration than the stock grate or Mark’s, but with Heat Beacon you can also mix and match between grate and griddle if that is something you’re interested in.

Personally, I use the baskets from Heat Beacon Designs with Mark’s grates, but I was lucky enough to get Mark’s grates before he retired.

Back