Do I sell out??? Community poll please......

Yes the 10 year warranty is one for the plus column. My grills are on a deck where they stay cleaner and dryer than a yard or pavers. I think after year three I would tip a modern grill on its back and lather it up in rustoleum under the bottom shelf and frame area. I have to say I looked at this grill pretty good in the store and its hard to believe these things rust so quickly even though I have seen it with my own eyes. Heck I have two Genesis 300 series waiting to be restored and both have rusted bottom shelves. The only two drawbacks for me with the new grill is that the 315 is a large grill with squared off sides that takes up a lot of space. It is also taller at the grates than my silver by a few inches. I kinda liked the height of the silver because I am short....5'8" :( .....The other drawback is the cast iron grates.
I still believe I will be keeping the 315 for the fast even heating......flip down warming rack.....sexy look.......additional cook space......and 10year warranty. Its only $500 bucks so its not a life changing decision. The next three flipped grills will pay for the 315 with change to spare. As some of u have suggested I might keep ole Silver. I will take her over to my shop and let her chill out under cover and indoors while I work my magic w the 315.

I enjoyed the car references. I didnt buy the 2002 Lexus today......it was in really rough shape...the seller was very misleading. I am supposed to buy my wifes 2010 Audi Q5 from her.....Im just getting tired of waiting!!!!!

Ha! Yes sir....going Lexus is the same as going RCplanebuyer......u just cant go back. When I was younger I started out as a Honda Acura man.....Im talking 1987 Acura Integra......I loved those cars....then moved into the sedans...Acura 3.2TL......but then something happened.....I bought my Mom a Toyota Avalon I think it was a 2004 but cant remember.....it was the smoothest most comfortable car to drive and even had that valor cloth interior. We eventually named it the " couch car " because back then we had a blue couch in our house that was just as comfortable. When my Mom passed I sold my Acura and drove my Moms Avalon which I loved ......I was getting a lot of heat from my golfing buddies who were all type A show off guys with fancy cars......I would show up to the golf course in my 2004 Avalon while everyone else was driving their show off cars. I simply wasnt man enough to shoulder the shame of my poor mans couch car. At this time my boss was a good friend of mine....he was wealthy and I was not....he was a heavy boozer and I was not.....The bottom line is that I got to drive him home in his fancy Lexus LS430 when he had been drinking too much. Well after driving that Lexus LS430 just once I knew I would own one some day but they were way out of my league. So about 5 years down the line the LS430's that were originally75k new had dipped into regular guy pricing if u bought one with around 100k miles on it. Thats when I took the leap of faith and bought a 2004 Lexus LS430 the exact same color and year of my bosses car that I had driven so many times before. They say it is possibly the best car ever made and there are several YouTube vids talking about just that. Well after about 4 years of owning my garage queen I was getting anxious.......long story short I sold my queen. I have a company car for work so I really dont even need a car.......so I played around with a couple of used cars tinkering away and then bought a 2016 Lexus ES350.......wow.....what an amazing freakin car but also 25k for a car that just sits in the garage until miss daisy has me drive her around on the weekend. So when the Covid screwed up the car market I decided to sell my 2016 back to the dealership for a 2K net profit. Now being a hunter as Ed figured out.....I was immediately searching for cars every day just for the hell of it........The other day I found a 2002 Lexus LS430 w 77k miles on it for $6600 ....it has a few cosmetic issues which dragged the price down but has me very interested in another old man cruiser. So after I go pick up this free 3 burner Spirit with propane tank :) which I will flip for $200.....which will buy me some 9mm ss grilling grates for my E315..............I will go check out this sexy Lexy at 2pm........I will let u know if I again lose control of the guy on my left shoulder and just buy it.

Thats my Lexus story......
You really are a Lexus guy. My wife has a 2013 RX-350. We bought it in 2017 with 50,000 miles for $25k. Got it primarily because where we live we really needed AWD and we knew this particular vehicle had been well cared for. Otherwise, we'd not have gone for a Lexus.

My wife really likes it. It's only got 70,000 miles so we'll keep it a long time. She says that when the time comes to replace it, she wants another. Which is saying a lot, given how totally un-princess-like she generally is. I'll of course get her another when the time comes. But, for me, it's not even close to my favorite car. Luxurious and reliable, sure. In spades. But the feedback through the steering wheel and the handling leave much to be desired. I used to have a BMW, which was far superior. Now I have a Miata, which is my favorite car ever. When I'm too old to sit that low, I'll be sad. Or maybe it's safer to say they'll pull my cold, dead butt from that car (or one just like it).

The Miata's more fun than the BMW by far because the Beemer was like Joe Dimagio cruising through center field (as my father describes him). My example would be Ken Griffey, Jr. So graceful, it looks easy. With the BMW one wouldn't notice the incredible turns and one couldn't really let it rip -- not without getting a slew of speeding tickets. With the Miata, the handling is just as good and I can roar through four gears, glance down and see I'm going 40, then slip it into 6th to save gas. As the old saw goes, "It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow."

Hey Roy .........Yes I love Beemers and Miata's too but its all subjective. That is how you are wired....you must have good energy and are probably physically fit if I were to guess. Us Lexus drivers here that " feedback " through the wheel thing all the time but thats from people who want to drive like they are on a race track. Its just a mindset .....I dont want any feedback....I just wanna cruise down the road on my fluffy marshmallow with my ventilated seats and whisper quiet interior. I am not interested in taking an off ramp to set my new speed record. All that said I am not dead....I am only 56 and I do like to tach it up from time to time on a country road or just to blow some carbon out.....I bought a Porsche Boxter a few years back and played with it for about 6 months. It was fun.....but I am totally serious when I say driving that thing was work.......I mean it didnt shift like a Honda Civic. Ironically I am currently in the market and have always had my eyes open for a Lexus Sc430 which is the little roadster convertible looking thing. That car is also criticized by many for not being a race car......but its purpose was to be a comfortable touring car and it serves its purpose very well. Its like being in your Miata surrounded by marshmallows and fancy stereo's...ventilated seats....heated mirrors.....only the finest leathers and wood veneers........( you would hate it! :) )
I hope you know I am just jacked on coffee and just conversating with you not sparring at all......
My father in law just bought his third BMW....he is almost 90years old so I get to drive the Beemer...its a 330i X drive and I really like the heavy feel and handling of that car for sure.
The last and final reason that I became a Lexus man was one of the reasons that u have stated. You currently own one of the most solid, comfortable, and " reliable " suv's on the road with your 350. If you were to compare that 350 with a BMW equivalent say BMW X3 or X5 with all that feedback to the wheel stuff :)........those beemers would be in the shop diggin deep in your wallet for sensors and engine lights starting at around 70k miles and never stopping with rapid depreciation as the Lexus will cruise over 200k effortlessly and with a little preventative maintenance on to 300k miles.
In conclusion.....I agree with you...the sporty cars are fun and I think we should all strive to have a comfy cruiser for marshmallow days and a sporty zip around car for when were jacked on coffee and want to get the blood pressure up a bit.

Hey Roy .........Yes I love Beemers and Miata's too but its all subjective. That is how you are wired....you must have good energy and are probably physically fit if I were to guess. Us Lexus drivers here that " feedback " through the wheel thing all the time but thats from people who want to drive like they are on a race track. Its just a mindset .....I dont want any feedback....I just wanna cruise down the road on my fluffy marshmallow with my ventilated seats and whisper quiet interior. I am not interested in taking an off ramp to set my new speed record. All that said I am not dead....I am only 56 and I do like to tach it up from time to time on a country road or just to blow some carbon out.....I bought a Porsche Boxter a few years back and played with it for about 6 months. It was fun.....but I am totally serious when I say driving that thing was work.......I mean it didnt shift like a Honda Civic. Ironically I am currently in the market and have always had my eyes open for a Lexus Sc430 which is the little roadster convertible looking thing. That car is also criticized by many for not being a race car......but its purpose was to be a comfortable touring car and it serves its purpose very well. Its like being in your Miata surrounded by marshmallows and fancy stereo's...ventilated seats....heated mirrors.....only the finest leathers and wood veneers........( you would hate it! :) )
I hope you know I am just jacked on coffee and just conversating with you not sparring at all......
My father in law just bought his third BMW....he is almost 90years old so I get to drive the Beemer...its a 330i X drive and I really like the heavy feel and handling of that car for sure.
The last and final reason that I became a Lexus man was one of the reasons that u have stated. You currently own one of the most solid, comfortable, and " reliable " suv's on the road with your 350. If you were to compare that 350 with a BMW equivalent say BMW X3 or X5 with all that feedback to the wheel stuff :)........those beemers would be in the shop diggin deep in your wallet for sensors and engine lights starting at around 70k miles and never stopping with rapid depreciation as the Lexus will cruise over 200k effortlessly and with a little preventative maintenance on to 300k miles.
In conclusion.....I agree with you...the sporty cars are fun and I think we should all strive to have a comfy cruiser for marshmallow days and a sporty zip around car for when were jacked on coffee and want to get the blood pressure up a bit.
I get it, Jim, and I agree with most of your observations. My 2002 BMW, a 330Ci which I bought new and picked up in Germany before it was shipped over, was fun for a while but I sold it right at 70,000 miles because I didn't trust it to remain reliable. Already, I'd replaced a window regulator. What's with BMW that they can engineer these amazing "driving machines" to use their term but not a decent window regulator?

The RX, by contrast, shows no signs of becoming unreliable. In fact, I'd not be surprised if our 7 year old son doesn't wind up taking that car to college in 10+ years. Unless it's still too nice to pass along, also a distinct possibility.

I'm grateful to my wife for insisting I follow through on my desire to get the Miata. When she got pregnant, I had been planning to buy one. But then I was thinking that with a baby, we really ought to have two larger cars. Said I would wait until our son was older. She said, "No, buy it now. Don't wait until you're too old to want a car like that." She was right. I'm grateful to her for helping me to realize the time was now.

It helps that we live in a rural place. I'd not want a Miata in a large city. I drive it mostly on small roads, a lot of them two lanes through the woods. I can drive it on the highway but it's not the most comfortable thing. When I first got it, taking up to highway speed seemed almost reckless. But then someone told me to back the tire pressure to the 29 lbs recommended by Mazda. Suddenly it stopped bouncing like a pogo-stick.

I've test driven a Boxter and it was amazing. Took a clover leaf off a freeway at high speed and it felt like the thing was glued to the road. But I like the simplicity and reliability of my Miata. The Miata holds its value way better because of reliability issues with the Porche. As for the Lexus SC-430, I remember first seeing one and then hearing that Bill Gates owned one and considered it the best car ever built. I was too young then to know that it wasn't my cup of tea (for the reasons you cite), and yet it's vehicle I admire. In a lot of ways it's similar to my 330Ci, more of a cruiser than a racer, though definitely athletic and capable. At the time, I'd test driven higher performance vehicles and found them too edgy. I still find that to be true. I really like the Miata because it's fun and flingable but not too jarring. And as I've said, I love driving a slow car fast rather than a fast car slow. I knew a guy who owned both a Boxter and a Miata. He said the Miata had 90% of the performance of the Boxter without the hassles. He was a guy who took his cars on a track, something I wouldn't do. At least for now, the Miata is the right car for me. In time, I'm sure I'll want something easier to enter and exit. Hopefully not for a while. I'm 58 and so far it still feels good to plop myself down and pull myself out. When it's not parked right, I love releasing the hand brake and just pushing it into place. Not something I could do with the BMW.

Thats what I love about this forum......just a bunch of easy going rational people. I know three people that own Miata's and they all love them. Hmmmm maybe I will go snag one myself. I live in Northern Va which is 30 min outside of Washington DC.....I am in the suburbs so country roads are a mere 5 minutes away but most of my driving is fighting for your life with crazed stressed out commuters that are racing to get to or from work to drop off kids etc etc.......... I will seriously do a FB scan for deals on a Miata........I like to buy ...tinker....sell.....so even if its just for a summer it would be fun.

Yeah, they're a lot of fun on back roads. With a stick shift, ideally. Not dealing with Washington, DC (or Seattle traffic -- I'm about two hours north). When I go south, I'll often take my pickup truck. I find that, with a little Miata, which I use as a daily driver except when it snows, it's nice to have a larger vehicle to do things like, I don't know, pick up and haul away old Webers. The pickup has a huge lumber rack so when I needed to pick up decking material, I was able to bring home 20 foot lengths easily. So we have three vehicles. The AWD RX-350 is great for making sure we're mobile in any weather, the Miata because -- well, just because -- and the beater pickup truck because that's a kick too (in a completely different way) and super convenient when needed.

Quit like Fords when the good old 302, 351 and 460 V8s flew the coop in favor of all this "EcoBoost" nonsense and small displacement multi cam V8s. And LOVED that good ol 300 cu in straight 6. Just about best motor ever for a truck

Quit like Fords when the good old 302, 351 and 460 V8s flew the coop in favor of all this "EcoBoost" nonsense and small displacement multi cam V8s. And LOVED that good ol 300 cu in straight 6. Just about best motor ever for a truck
My "91 F-150 XLT Lariat with a 351 cubic inch V8. Thing is a smallish (as pickup trucks go) beast! I love it.

Thing is they make them "look" more huge simply for styling. It really does not accomplish anything.
That's true of newer pickups. Most are designed to look predatory. I like my old one because of its handsome and more low key styling. Of course at this point, at 31 years old, it's handsome in a rugged way. The doors don't lock, the passenger power window is disabled. Still fires up though and drives well. The roads here are curvy and it handles them well. Nice tight suspension.

That's true of newer pickups. Most are designed to look predatory. I like my old one because of its handsome and more low key styling. Of course at this point, at 31 years old, it's handsome in a rugged way. The doors don't lock, the passenger power window is disabled. Still fires up though and drives well. The roads here are curvy and it handles them well. Nice tight suspension.
When Ford built one great truck. Now? MEH

When Ford built one great truck. Now? MEH
Wow, LOL my @$$ off of this one. I have had Ford trucks in my driveway since 1978. I have had all the above mentioned motors in F250 Fords & F150 Fords. Right now I have 1} 2000 F250 Super Duty V10 manual hunting/snowplow truck. 2} My wife drives a 2019 F150 Lariat 4x4 twin turbo 10 speed auto. 3} Me, I just updated from a 2012 F250 to a 2021 F350 Power Stroke Diesel 10 speed also. Its my pull dog. And I'm here to tell ya that these newer trucks are better than anything they built years ago. 3 times the power & twice the fuel mileage. As far as the big trucks looking predatory, they are predatory. Don't believe me? Test drive a power stroke diesel with 500 HP & a 1050 ft. pounds of torque mated into a 10 speed banger. You'll find that anything gets in their way they will eat it for lunch like a Toyota Prepiss or a Nissan or a Honda. Oh & the diesel, delivers 18 MPG consistently. And the wife's F150 delivers 20 MPG. And it will blow anything off the road except another F150. LOL I think a lot of people just don't want to pay the $$$ to play the game. And both trucks ride better than anything that we have had in the past.
Since 1978 between the wife & I we have owned 14 Ford trucks. We traveled many miles when I was in the dirt moving business. So, I think that I do know my go.
Well, I hope that this sets the record straight. Hope to see you in the hills of SW Colorado my F350 is hungry.

Wow, LOL my @$$ off of this one. I have had Ford trucks in my driveway since 1978. I have had all the above mentioned motors in F250 Fords & F150 Fords. Right now I have 1} 2000 F250 Super Duty V10 manual hunting/snowplow truck. 2} My wife drives a 2019 F150 Lariat 4x4 twin turbo 10 speed auto. 3} Me, I just updated from a 2012 F250 to a 2021 F350 Power Stroke Diesel 10 speed also. Its my pull dog. And I'm here to tell ya that these newer trucks are better than anything they built years ago. 3 times the power & twice the fuel mileage. As far as the big trucks looking predatory, they are predatory. Don't believe me? Test drive a power stroke diesel with 500 HP & a 1050 ft. pounds of torque mated into a 10 speed banger. You'll find that anything gets in their way they will eat it for lunch like a Toyota Prepiss or a Nissan or a Honda. Oh & the diesel, delivers 18 MPG consistently. And the wife's F150 delivers 20 MPG. And it will blow anything off the road except another F150. LOL I think a lot of people just don't want to pay the $$$ to play the game. And both trucks ride better than anything that we have had in the past.
Since 1978 between the wife & I we have owned 14 Ford trucks. We traveled many miles when I was in the dirt moving business. So, I think that I do know my go.
Well, I hope that this sets the record straight. Hope to see you in the hills of SW Colorado my F350 is hungry.
Those mileage numbers are impressive. I'm lucky if I get 10 MPG around town. Maybe 15 or 16 on the highway.

Back