DIY Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I want to try this. A recipe from Diane Cu and Todd Porter and their book Bountiful.

Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce
Makes 2 cups

1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup minced fresh pineapple or canned crushed pineapple
1" knob ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon corn starch

Puree soy, pineapple, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, vinegar, and oil in blender until smooth.

Mix cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon cold water in small bowl. Use a fork to break-up clumps and stir until a smooth slurry.

Pour pineapple mixture into saucepan and bring to a boil over med-high heat. Cook for 1 minute, then whisk in cornstarch slurry. Continue whisking at a boil until thickened, about 1 more minute. Cool then enjoy!

Hey Chris,

That looks really good. In case you get the itch for something hot, here's a version I was making this summer. I copied this recipe from instructables.com [URL="http://www.instructables.com/...uctables.com/id/Habenero-Pineapple-BBQ-Sauce/

Ingredients:
3 Habañero peppers
1/2 cup pineapple
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup molasses
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp hickory Liquid Smoke [I skip this as I use home smoked habañeros.

Remove the seeds from the peppers. You'll want to wear gloves so you don't get the oils on your hands.

Cut about 1/4 of the pineapple into chunks.

Put both of those into your blender or food processor and liquefy.

Other things you'll need:
A blender or food processor
A meduim-sized pot

Mix all of your ingredients together, including the liquified mix, in a pot. Simmer until it reaches the desired consistancy, which takes about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep the pineapple sugars from separating.

Bottle it up and enjoy! This keeps very well in the refrigerator.

Last edited:

Back