Digital Probe Thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am interested in a digital probe thermometer that has a low temp alarm and possibly being remote.

Any suggestions from your experiences?

The most popular cooking thermometer in the barbecue world is the Polder - $20 and up. I also have a NU-Temp BBQ Combo Wireless (click on BBQ Accessories) and a Sunbeam Temp-Time Remote, which also work well. The NU-Temp main station will support up to 3 remote probes. They both have alarms for rising or falling temperatures. A Web search will turn up several brands and models.

Good morning, Adam. I really like the NU-Temp wireless; it's nice to be able to monitor the temperature from inside the house and it doubles as an indoor/outdoor thermometer when the probe is not plugged in. I got it from Costco, last year, for $20. Too bad I wasn't sharp enough that day to get all they had, it's about $80 from NU-Temp. Polder is the best-known brand and for good reason - you might like to check them out, too.

Ray, consider yourself lucky. A Costco buyer told me that it was probably a one time deal. Seems, Nu-Temp had a lot of excess inventory that was unloaded to a middlemen. They weren't too happy when Costco bought the whole shebang and was selling them for $20. Costco tried and failed to get them for the summer season. A similar thing occured with Oakley sunglasses a few years ago. Actually, I see prices plumetting on these wireless units as other clones kick into full gear. Be patient, in the meantime you won't go wrong with a Polder clone for $8.

Believe me, I do consider myself lucky to have gotten one! For anyone that's interested, someone has several listed on E-Bay, with a starting price of $34.95, which is still a good deal.

I appreciate the feedback!!!!!!!

Sounds like you got one heck of a deal last summer.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back