DigiQ DX2?

N Cage

Hey guys, was thinking on getting an electric smoker 4 those times when i was lazy or didn't have the time to mess with cooking on my wsm but then i found a little gadget called the Digi-Q. It seems like everyone who has one of these devices loves it. Do any of you have one? What do you think of it? My WSM 18.5 is awesome at maintaining temps already but this device looks like it makes it even easier (start it and forget it). If its as good as people say it would be awesome because i won't have a second device that takes up garage space and i won't have to worry about the flavor profile difference between an electric smoker and the WSM. Also i probably would be doing brisket more often because of how easy it would be to do an overnight smoke.

The device sells for $185 but does it come with a fan? I can't tell from their website if it does or not? Is there anything else you need? Also it seems like everyone is getting the 10cfm fan but do you really need the bigger one for a 18.5 wsm?

anyways any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Ncage

I was thinking the same thing about the Auber so it will be interesting to see what comes from this post.

It doesn't come with a fan for the $185 price. When you add it to your cart you then select your smoker type and they recommend the fan you need. When I was looking at them they recommended a 10cfm fan for both the 18.5" and the 22.5" WSM. The fan is $92 I think.

I'm going to get one for the long cooks, but I've got a few other projects I need to finish before I drop that kind of cash on a BBQ "toy".

I have the older model of the digiq and absolutely love it. I don’t cook without it. I have the small fan (4) and works just fine on my 18wsm. You might want the bigger fan if you want to do some high heat cooks.

Love mine so much that I bought a second one so both my pits would be controlled. yes it is expensive but they really do some work when the weather conditions are not ideal and it provides the ability of selecting specific temps to target. When running naturally, my wsm was very solid but depending on the conditions it would settle in at different temps. They also shine when its time to do high heat cooks.

Firecraft is the cheapest Ive seen online. everyone else runs map pricing.

Thanks guys for all the help. Thanks Chris for the recommendation of Firecraft help me save about $20 which i used buy a couple BBQ sauces i've been meaning to try: Bone Suckn Sauce & Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce

Back