Difference from one Weber CS rep to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinL

TVWBB Pro
First, let me preface this with I love Weber and their costumer service is great but...It blows me away how much of a difference in service you can get from one rep to the next.

Today my performer table cracked so I called CS to find out about getting it replaced, which I knew was covered under warranty. The first lady I talked to said no, it's not covered under warranty, and it'll be $56 to buy it. She said this very matter of factly and didn't even look it up. I knew right there that she wasn't going to be any help. I called back again and this time the lady looked it up, said yep, it's covered and it'll be there in 7-10 days. No questions asked!

It definitely goes to show that it all depends on who you talk to when dealing with them.

I called in to register a grill and report something that was broken out of the box and the lady asked me why I had so many grills. I said I love Weber. She accused me of being a camp sight and said I voided my warranty. I thought she was kidding. Turns out, not so much. She finally said "Why would any person need this many grills?" (I had 5 at the time.) I told her it's "just because I love Weber and am, ya know, a good customer. Know what I mean?" She said "How would I know if you are a good customer?' This is when I got mad and said "Because I have 5 Weber grills...get me your manager."

Her manager called back and before I even said anything she apologized profusely that I "got the run around" (her words, not mine) and told me she took care of everything, registered the grill, and the parts are in the mail.

It was so weird the difference from employee to employee.

it's really hard to maintain a good customer service.

being in the midwest, weber has an advantage. The workforce here is cheaper and more hospitable than other regions; however turnover rate is still high unless the compensation, benefits, and perks are amazing. The interview process, even at its best, can't guarantee that every employee is the perfect fit.

that said, how did your table crack?
do you have a pic? I'm very curious
icon_smile.gif

I have ordered parts a few times. One guy didn't want to sell me a $20 part. He said it didn't go on that kettle. What does he care what I do with it? I own the kettle. It's a CL find. I had to tell him that it was for one of my kettles that was regestered just to buy it. I told him there was rust, so I wanted to replace the part. That "Kid" needed some customer service training.
Others have been super nice on the phone.

Yeah, Weber tends to be pretty interested in what you are going to be doing with their parts, but you just have to talk to the right person in order to get what you want. I have found this to be the case with a lot of companies customer service reps though.

Troy, my table broke when I was moving it on my patio. I lifted it to bring it over a 1 inch ledge and I heard a crack and it had broken right at the screw. I'm sure that I could have left it and it would have been fine but I didn't want it to get worse and the warranty to be up so I figured I'd see if I could get it replaced.

Heres a pic of it:

IMG_20120318_110943.jpg

justin, perhaps your lady customer service rep was just having a bad day...
not an easy thing dealing with people.
as george suggested, say thanks and call back to another CSR.

dang man.
That's exactly how mine broke too - but I didn't call them because I assumed it was just my fault.

maybe i'll give them a call afterall.

I am on a forum that is involved with Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR). The word on that forum is if you call AGR Customer Service and don't like the answer, say Thank You, hang up and call again.

Where have I heard that before?

I recently bought a Weber work table for one of my kettle grills, and found that the hardware pack was missing. The store I bought it from was quite a ways from where I live, so even though the store guy offered to replace it, I wasn't keen on driving 2 hrs round trip to get the parts. Called Weber - first gentleman couldn't get past the fact that I couldn't remember which of my 22.5's it was for ( I have a couple - should have made up a date code, but it didn't strike me right then). Honestly, how many kinds of plastic/resin top work tables do they make for kettle grills??

Hung up with him, and called back 10 mins later. A very helpful lady set me up with not the parts, because a hardware pack alone was not available, but a whole 2nd table! I offered to pay for the parts + shipping and even to return the 1st table, but she said it would not be feasible to return the 1st one. She had to replace the whole table under warranty. I have to say that I was embarrassed to receive a 2nd table.

I love Weber CS. I wish other products/companies had that kind of service. Sorry this was kinda long-winded, but the moral of the story is - if at first you don't succeed, call... call again.

I actually had a really great and very generous customer service rep today at Weber. All I can say is anyone is crazy if you buy anything but Weber. I have had a few clunkers but I have always got everything I needed from Weber.

Brian

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin W:
I called in to register a grill and report something that was broken out of the box and the lady asked me why I had so many grills. I said I love Weber. She accused me of being a camp sight and said I voided my warranty. I thought she was kidding. Turns out, not so much. She finally said "Why would any person need this many grills?" (I had 5 at the time.) I told her it's "just because I love Weber and am, ya know, a good customer. Know what I mean?" She said "How would I know if you are a good customer?' This is when I got mad and said "Because I have 5 Weber grills...get me your manager."

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not just point them to this forum. You are registered with your name here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back