Did you miss this thread?

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
You all have been asking me to post photo's of my cooks. I did, on the Seafood site. And my daughter also posted some really great shots of when she cooked the recipe. AND NO COMMENTS :cry:

So........just in case a lot of you never visit the seafood site, here is a link to it.

Hi Tim, it just does not make sense to me to just post photo's without the recipe. To me, how the food is made is just as if not more important than how you cook it. I know this is a Weber GRILL site, but what goes ON the grill is what makes the grill useful. I also don't think it is very nice to show a photo of a juicy, delicious piece of meat/or seafood and not tell everyone how to fix one for themselves. lol

Sorry, I am not clear why photo and recipe can not be posted together on the appropriate site. Why do the photos have to go on just the photo site?

That’s not what I mean at all, post in the photo forum and they will be seen more, add the recipe there if you want, I just did since someone asked about an ingredient.

Here's the rule: Any time you post to one of the Recipe forums, your post must begin with an actual recipe with list of ingredients and instructions for preparation. If you want to include photos to accompany the recipe, that's even better.

The Photo Gallery forum is a "brag book" of things grilled or cooked, usually just photos, usually not including a recipe/ingredients/instructions.

it just does not make sense to me to just post photo's without the recipe.

That's your view of the world, Joan, but not for most of our members! Fact is that most people just want to post photos of their cooking successes, not the recipe behind it. This is proven by the popularity of the Photo Gallery forum and lesser popularity of the Recipe forums.

We didn't always have a Photo Gallery forum, people posted their barbecuing photos in the Barbecuing Forum and their grilling photos in the Grilling Forum. As digital cameras and photo sharing websites got more and more popular, we started getting so many photo posts that actual discussion/questions about barbecuing and grilling got lost among all of the photo posts. So I created the Photo Gallery forum and asked people to post photos there, leaving the Barbecuing and Grilling forums for actual discussion/questions.

Lover your cooks Joan, you have an amazing collection of recipes.
Personally for me I can’t do any seafood, zip, zero, nada. I like when my wife and kids eat it but it never had agreed with me AT ALL!

Here's the rule: Any time you post to one of the Recipe forums, your post must begin with an actual recipe with list of ingredients and instructions for preparation. If you want to include photos to accompany the recipe, that's even better.

The Photo Gallery forum is a "brag book" of things grilled or cooked, usually just photos, usually not including a recipe/ingredients/instructions.

it just does not make sense to me to just post photo's without the recipe.

That's your view of the world, Joan, but not for most of our members! Fact is that most people just want to post photos of their cooking successes, not the recipe behind it. This is proven by the popularity of the Photo Gallery forum and lesser popularity of the Recipe forums.

We didn't always have a Photo Gallery forum, people posted their barbecuing photos in the Barbecuing Forum and their grilling photos in the Grilling Forum. As digital cameras and photo sharing websites got more and more popular, we started getting so many photo posts that actual discussion/questions about barbecuing and grilling got lost among all of the photo posts. So I created the Photo Gallery forum and asked people to post photos there, leaving the Barbecuing and Grilling forums for actual discussion/questions.
Thanks Chris, it all makes more sense now. lol

So, I don't have to post on the photo site, if I have both a recipe and photo. It can go on the recipe site, is that right?

Lover your cooks Joan, you have an amazing collection of recipes.
Personally for me I can’t do any seafood, zip, zero, nada. I like when my wife and kids eat it but it never had agreed with me AT ALL!
Bruno, DH is the same way. He has agreed to "TRY" to eat Salmon at least once or twice a month because of the health benefits. But he does love it when I want shrimp, crab or lobster, because, then he can have STEAK!!!! lol

I'm glad you like my collection of recipes. What I have posted here on this site is just a very, very small collection of what a have. lol

I think I gave away almost that many when I needed to move a huge bookcase, I kept 30 feet of cookbooks after that but, I can’t keep it all, I do NOT want to leave tons for the survivors to dispatch when I leave this mortal coil.
If I have not used a book for ten years, they need to have new owners.

Tim, what I have been doing for quite a while now, DH and I will go through a cookbook and if we come across a recipe that we both like, we will make a copy of it. When we have finished going through the book, we put it in a large box that holds cookbooks that we hope to be able to sell someday.
My biggest problem are the binders. They are filled with recipes by the main ingredients. For example the recipe posted above, one copy is in the seafood binders under shrimp, another in the fruit binders under mango and so on for some of the other ingredients.

If I have not used a book for ten years, they need to have new owners.
Tim, that is why I started my cooking game on the Cooking Light Community site back in '06. Every week we had to use a different cookbook, make and post a recipe. In the 10 years it ran, we all got quite a lot of use out of our cookbooks.

Back