Marinade:
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper

32 large shrimp, about 1 1/2 lbs., peeled and deveined

Vinaigrette:
1/2 cup roughly chopped ripe mango (about 1/2 mango)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 whole scallion, root end trimmed
1 TB. fresh lime juice
1 TB. rice vinegar
1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

1. To make the marinade: In a large bowl, mix the marinade ingredients. Add the shrimp and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
2. To make the vinaigrette: In a blender or food processor, combine the vinaigrette ingredients. Process for about 1 minute or until the texture is smooth and emulsified.
3. Remove the shrimp from the bowl and discard the marinade. Grill over Direct High heat until the shrimp are firm to the touch and just turning opaque in the center, 2 to 4 minutes, turning once. Serve the shrimp warm with the vinaigrette. Makes 4 to 6 servings

Source: Weber's Real Grilling by Jamie Purviance

Oh Jamie, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

DH grilled these for me tonight.

1622852139750.png

and he served them with corn on the cob and twice baked potatoes

1622852372737.png
Still haven't learned the knack of presentation. lol Are you guys sure you want me to post pictures? lol

Anyway, like I said, the shrimp and sauce were the best I have had in a long time. Really enjoyed the whole dinner.

Shrimp looks good on the charcoal grill... I hope it was “Fresh from Florida” shrimp and not imported tasteless shrimp.

I have to ask what the acronym DH means? Lol
Cheers from Gainesville, Florida

Shrimp looks good on the charcoal grill... I hope it was “Fresh from Florida” shrimp and not imported tasteless shrimp.

I have to ask what the acronym DH means? Lol
Cheers from Gainesville, Florida
Sorry RJ, they were frozen from Publix.

DH is computer talk for "Dear Husband"

If you put Gainesville on your avatar, we can then see pictures of that part of beautiful Florida. ;)

PS - DH said his steak was delicious also. (That's because he kept dipping it in my Mango Vinaigrette) :cry: lol

Last edited:
WEBER

Grilled Shrimp with Smooth Mango-Lime Vinaigrette

Marinade:
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper

32 large shrimp, about 1 1/2 lbs., peeled and deveined

Vinaigrette:
1/2 cup roughly chopped ripe mango (about 1/2 mango)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 whole scallion, root end trimmed
1 TB. fresh lime juice
1 TB. rice vinegar
1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

1. To make the marinade: In a large bowl, mix the marinade ingredients. Add the shrimp and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
2. To make the vinaigrette: In a blender or food processor, combine the vinaigrette ingredients. Process for about 1 minute or until the texture is smooth and emulsified.
3. Remove the shrimp from the bowl and discard the marinade. Grill over Direct High heat until the shrimp are firm to the touch and just turning opaque in the center, 2 to 4 minutes, turning once. Serve the shrimp warm with the vinaigrette. Makes 4 to 6 servings

Source: Weber's Real Grilling by Jamie Purviance
Sounds good! Going to try this tonight. Will let you know how it goes.

This did not disappoint! I love me some cilantro, and you can‘t go wrong with mango in the summer.

The marinade. I read the recipe wrong and used 1 tsp of pepper. Spicy.
5EE7F8D0-6097-4089-9DA1-9817244A4F58.jpeg

FIRE! 😂
E0D3B254-EEF3-48B4-BF71-36613BBBA588.jpeg

C = cooked O = overdone. I’ve got some of each.
4221AB32-6055-4622-A09A-C9F40499C562.jpeg

I’ve got plating skills...
BC8322E1-C6B9-4E24-BBED-A3B07FD1FC7F.jpegA83F857A-9A6F-4C8A-80FB-FD20503F3961.jpeg
🤤

and cooking skills, and photographing skills and.............you name it, you've got it. lol

Thanks hon, great job. So glad you enjoyed it. Your vinaigrette is greener than ours because we did not have fresh cilantro, used dried. And bummer, we didn't have ribs, but we do now, baby back ribs on sale today. lol

Back