Did a chicken on the Z

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So I bought a pack of 2 whole chicken at Costco yesterday. Wanting to do a whole bird this weekend. Had our neighbor Fred over. I had one of my nice Pilsners, made Fred a nice vodka Martini with French vodka.
Mashed taters and some nice fresh organic green beans with grass fed butter sauce. A nice dessert as well. We had a nice meal and the darn that Z Grill did a fine job on that bird. I kept it at 225 until internal was 140 then cranked it to 450 until done to crisp up the skin. Skin came out like cracklin. I don't think I see any need to spin one again. It was CRAZY good. These grills are amazing. I'll bet the SmokeFire might even do one better! (although that is hard to imagine because this bird was like nirvana)

20230527_173826.jpg20230527_180734.jpg

So I bought a pack of 2 whole chicken at Costco yesterday. Wanting to do a whole bird this weekend. Had our neighbor Fred over. I had one of my nice Pilsners, made Fred a nice vodka Martini with French vodka.
Mashed taters and some nice fresh organic green beans with grass fed butter sauce. A nice dessert as well. We had a nice meal and the darn that Z Grill did a fine job on that bird. I kept it at 225 until internal was 140 then cranked it to 450 until done to crisp up the skin. Skin came out like cracklin. I don't think I see any need to spin one again. It was CRAZY good. These grills are amazing. I'll bet the SmokeFire might even do one better! (although that is hard to imagine because this bird was like nirvana)

View attachment 71289View attachment 71290
That looks great Larry

Haven't used my Traeger much in the last couple of years so did a deep clean on it yesterday. Only the second one in 10 years. Promising myself to start using it regularly. Filled with Pit Boss Spring Blend pellets (Cherry/Maple). They sure do make some nice smoke. Will be smoking a salmon side in a few days. Maybe slip in a yard bird before that.

Last edited:

Back